Formula 1...

'Dale

Everyone that's anyone reporting now that Alonso's move to McLaren has been finalized. Will be announced as soon as they have sorted who will partner him. 

Please, please, please let them announce that it's Vettel!!!!! Dream team

Why else has his new ride not be confirmed.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the loss to Rosberg as well as the spin has dented Mr Hamilton's confidence somewhat:

"Zero comfortability going in to the next race,” Hamilton said. “There's 50 points to gain and it's never happened really in Formula One before, it just so happens to be this season. And the last race you never know what is going to happen, so I'm going to the last race to win.”

Please, please, please let them announce that it's Vettel!!!!! Dream team

Why else has his new ride not be confirmed.

RUMOR has it that Ferrari has been unable to announce Vettel until the Alonso split has been finalised. The Alo / Fer situation came to a stand off as neither wanted to make a real first move as it cost them money. (If Alonso opted out he would lose his contract money, if Ferrari said cheers they would have to pay his contract out). 

It's also been reported that part of the split agreement is that Ferrari will wait until Alonso has announced his plans before they announce theirs. 

BUT a Alonso / Vettel pairing would be GREAT! Imagine that. I don't think this year has been good to Vettel's confidence and it would be interesting to see how he would cope with Alonso given the same equipment.

The story of how a cleaner became a director at Caterham. Bizarre.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/10/guest-blog-have-hoover-will-travel-one-cleaners-bizarre-journey-to-formula-one-team-boss/

“An Italian, a kind of an owner here at Caterham [likely to be Manfredi Ravetto] recognised me as a former football player. He told me: ‘It’s absurd for you to clean the floors, you are a known footballer. From now on you are a director here!’ And I was appointed as executive director at Caterham Sports Ltd.”

Edited by Iwan Kemp

Seems the loss to Rosberg as well as the spin has dented Mr Hamilton's confidence somewhat:

"Zero comfortability going in to the next race,” Hamilton said. “There's 50 points to gain and it's never happened really in Formula One before, it just so happens to be this season. And the last race you never know what is going to happen, so I'm going to the last race to win.”

The double points is ridiculous. If Rosberg wins, and Lewis finishes 3rd, Rosberg wil be the champ. Lewis has dominated this season, this double points is a load of ***. Nico was the first to complain about it earlier in the season, but now it doesnt seem to bother him.

RUMOR has it that Ferrari has been unable to announce Vettel until the Alonso split has been finalised. The Alo / Fer situation came to a stand off as neither wanted to make a real first move as it cost them money. (If Alonso opted out he would lose his contract money, if Ferrari said cheers they would have to pay his contract out). 

It's also been reported that part of the split agreement is that Ferrari will wait until Alonso has announced his plans before they announce theirs. 

BUT a Alonso / Vettel pairing would be GREAT! Imagine that. I don't think this year has been good to Vettel's confidence and it would be interesting to see how he would cope with Alonso given the same equipment.

Jip, Vettel has had a horrid season. I am hoping it was just his inability to gel with this years RBR car. I am sure he wil  be back next year. Not sure how happy I will be if he does end up at Ferrari considering their history of late, both management and performance wise.

The double points is ridiculous. If Rosberg wins, and Lewis finishes 3rd, Rosberg wil be the champ. Lewis has dominated this season, this double points is a load of ***. Nico was the first to complain about it earlier in the season, but now it doesnt seem to bother him.

I understand the frustration. But it was known from the start.

Our local German club has been running a PS3 simulator F1 championship. Each race we run hotlaps on the same track as the race, points allocated as per the championship to however your time stacks up(hope that made sense)

Fastest lap - 25points, second - 16points, etc.....

Only one prize, simulator itself to the winner. R30 buys you 3 laps.

I having missed 3 races due to work and family commitments. They are also scoring double points and if I place first I will win, I am currently second by 12 points, also only because of the double points. I don't feel bad for the second guy as it was known from the start. Also from halfway through the season it has been only 2 of us as the other guys weren't fast enough which is tough because nobody is "stealing" points by getting inbetween us.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Merc announces new naming policy

by Sniff Petrol on Wednesday, November 12th, 2014

http://livesniffpetrol.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/NewMercmodelnames.jpg

Something to do with those new Merc names, yesterday

Mercedes this week announced plans to replace its existing, confusing model name structure with a brand new, even more confusing model name structure.

‘The new system uses a different range of letters to denote not only the model itself but also its specific attributes,’ said branding strategy manager Brandon Strategeeman-Ajerr. ‘So, let’s take the new rugged version of the A-class as an example. Five door models are now V for versatile, followed by the model letter in the hierarchy, and G denotes Gelande for four-wheel-drive variants. And, let’s say this model has petrol injection, or i, and no turbo, so na. Under our new system it is now badged VAGina.’

‘Or, for example, the newly expanded B-class range,’ Strategeeman-Ajerr continued. ‘This one here is the long wheelbase lengthened version, or len, and it is pure electric or El, but with a diesel range extender. Hence, it is badged BEllend.’

‘The strategy also extended to our larger cars,’ Strategeeman-Ajerr  noted. ‘Here, for example, we have a petrol powered M-class that also runs on Ng or natural gas and is an electric hybrid or ‘E’. So it is the MiNgE.’

‘Oh wait,’ Strategeeman-Ajerr concluded. ‘I have just been handed this piece of paper from management concerning the top secret F-class petrol-powered range extended dynamic edition. No, my mistake, they’re telling me I’m fired.’

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! SO much win in the last para

d in MotorsportNews by Sniff Petrol on Tuesday, November 11th, 2014

http://livesniffpetrol.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/HornerHalliwell.jpg

Yes, this is really happening

Changes are afoot at Red Bull F1 following news that Christian Horner is to marry surprising and still-can’t-quite-imagine-them-together girlfriend Geri Halliwell.

Halliwell’s influence will be seen throughout the team at the final race of the season where various high profile employees will enjoy new nicknames, inspired by the soon-to-be-Mrs-Horner’s life in the music industry. Hence, Adrian Newey will be renamed ‘Brainy Bull’, Daniel Ricciardo will be known as ‘Smiley Bull’ and Sebastian Vettel will be referred to as ‘Big Baby Bull’.

The Halliwellian influence will also extend to the aerodynamics department as rumours suggest the RB10 will be fitted with a very short Union Jack skirt.

Finally, under the watchful eye of the artist formerly known as Ginger Spice, the language used throughout the team will also be modified so that any chicane will be referred to exclusively as a ‘zig-a-zig-ahhh’ and the Renault engines in the two cars will be known as ‘Mel B’ and ‘Mel C’ because they sound a bit rough.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Them be fighting words:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/210871/1/rosberg-im-in-good-shape.html

I am actually looking forward to the Abu dabhi race, it really is a free for all. Rosberg pushing for a win and I would imagine Hamilton will be driving somewhat cautiously as the last thing he needs is an incident.

It is impossible to imagine the pressure these guys are under for this race!!! Maybe the double points thing could be seen as a positive.

Beauts! One of the best cars in the history of F1 in the foreground. (And that coming from somebody who'se not a McLaren fan...)

Edited by SeaBee

welcome back

http://www.laf1.es/sites/default/files/styles/mega/public/imagenes/noticia/mclaren-honda-f1-2015_2.jpg?itok=M4nwdFE_

Hell yes. Fernando is gonna take it to the Mercs next year. Honda Poweeeer.

TIm Johnson posted a link to this interview with Bernie:

http://www.campaignasia.com/Article/392088,exclusive-f1-boss-bernie-ecclestone-on-his-billion-dollar-brand.aspx

For him its all about deals and money, entertainment, less about the sport and the world is a-changing Bernie ....

sniffpetrol.com had this to say

Ecclestone: F1 doesn’t need cars

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/11/14/ecclestone-f1-doesnt-need-cars/#.VGhSFPmSykE

http://livesniffpetrol.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/cmontgomeryecclestone.jpg

Ecclestone, yesterday

Formula 1 does not need cars, or so claims the sport’s 107-year-old overlord, C. Montgomery Ecclestone.

‘I don’t understand these new fangled things such as cars and autogiros and the electronic videogram machine,’ Ecclestone said yesterday in an interview with Minted Old **** magazine. ‘Formula 1 doesn’t need them. Having a car on the track doesn’t sell advertising. Having an advertisement on the track, that’s what sells advertising.’

‘I simply don’t care about people who are watching Formula 1 for the cars,’ the talking scrotum continued. ‘I’m only interested in people who watch for the adverts. They’re the ones who make me money. And that’s what Formula 1 should be about. Making me even richer. Get rid of the cars, I say. They get in the way and you can’t fit enough Rolex adverts on them.’

‘Money is what keeps me going,’ Ecclestone later admitted. ‘Well, that and the nutrients I extract from orphans.’
Edited by Iwan Kemp