Formula 1...

'Dale

Pains me to say it but Hamilton was the desrving winner, of the race and championship.

11 wins this season, with a 5 win streak in the middle somewhere.

Rosberg tried to fight to the end which is admirable.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it earlier, not a fan but Hamster deserved it. Having that season robbed by double points season finale (hopefully a once-off...) would have been a joke.

Kudo's for Nico not wanting to retire the car. 

Comment on JAonF1 following Hamilton's win yesterday.

“I think it is great for Perez, but a bad move for Hamilton.”

“Lewis’ best days may well be behind him at 27 years of age.”

“The move makes no sense if the guy truly (as he did say himself) thinks only about winning. McLaren have long been and are today vastly more competitive than Merc and if you are rational you should stay there if what you value mostly is winning. So what is left as motive for still making the move is money.”

“There is no evidence anywhere to suggest that Mercedes is a better place to be than McLaren going forward.”

“He’s leaving a team who will almost definitely produce a challenger year in, year out to go to a team who haven’t yet produced a challenger at all bar a one off in 2009 and that was only because they spent a full year developing. Even then they were slow come the end of the season. For a man who says his only priority is winning races this is complete and utter stupidity.”

“Mercedes are clearly lacking a stand out designer and I feel Hamilton’s career really is mimicking Villeneuve’s.”

“Why go from a regular winning team to another that does so sporadically, if not for the money? It can’t be for the winning, whatever Lewis might say.”

“Just enjoy the ear-ring clad, “I dont have my girlfriend or dad anymore” 1 time champ, who has a history of being given everything on the platter right from his youth for once having to fight in what i think will be a sub-par car.”

“I fear Lewis has chosen unwisely in his management – his actions are those of a wannabe global celebrity, rather than someone with a desire to be seen as an F1 all-time great. (Something I believe he clearly has the talent for). Disappointing.”

“Yes, Ross Brawn delivered many WDC’s to Shumacher, but Shumacher had that hunger for success already! Hamilton might have a hunger for success, but his hunger for fame over-rides his hunger for wins!”

“The grass may not be greener, but it’s got more bling I guess. If that’s what motivates him.”

“And there goes his career. I just can’t see Merc becoming a top performing team any time soon. The Brawn went from championship winning car to also ran Merc in one year, and hasn’t improved much since. They show early season pace and then it drops away.”

“Terrible decision, despite all his difficulties at McClaren. Turned himself from one of the big players into an also ran in one foul swoop.”

“It’ll be a great shame to see a driver of the quality of Hamilton in the mid-field, knowing that he chose to be there out of sheer greed.”

“Funny that he should move from a team that doesn’t let him have his trophies, to one where that’s not likely to be much of a problem.”

“Hamilton will be left struggling for 5th and 6th place finishes, whilst Vettel and Alonso will be fighting for championships in the years ahead. This will be the start of a very wrong turn in Hamilton’s career.”

Edited by Iwan Kemp

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/79130000/png/_79130930_lewishamiltonandnicorosberg.png

Awesome pic

Even then Nico was a bit grumpy

(Joke)

Who's watching Rush tonight?

Flippen brilliant movie that, I bought myself the blu-ray after seeing the trailer.

I love movies made to a period, this one was done beyond brilliantly.

The movie has also struck a big chord with my son who happens to be a car nut.

He was so taken by it, he also sat all day the whole day yesterday to see if Hamilton could do it.

Comment on JAonF1 following Hamilton's win yesterday.

“I think it is great for Perez, but a bad move for Hamilton.”

“Lewis’ best days may well be behind him at 27 years of age.”

“The move makes no sense if the guy truly (as he did say himself) thinks only about winning. McLaren have long been and are today vastly more competitive than Merc and if you are rational you should stay there if what you value mostly is winning. So what is left as motive for still making the move is money.”

“There is no evidence anywhere to suggest that Mercedes is a better place to be than McLaren going forward.”

“He’s leaving a team who will almost definitely produce a challenger year in, year out to go to a team who haven’t yet produced a challenger at all bar a one off in 2009 and that was only because they spent a full year developing. Even then they were slow come the end of the season. For a man who says his only priority is winning races this is complete and utter stupidity.”

“Mercedes are clearly lacking a stand out designer and I feel Hamilton’s career really is mimicking Villeneuve’s.”

“Why go from a regular winning team to another that does so sporadically, if not for the money? It can’t be for the winning, whatever Lewis might say.”

“Just enjoy the ear-ring clad, “I dont have my girlfriend or dad anymore” 1 time champ, who has a history of being given everything on the platter right from his youth for once having to fight in what i think will be a sub-par car.”

“I fear Lewis has chosen unwisely in his management – his actions are those of a wannabe global celebrity, rather than someone with a desire to be seen as an F1 all-time great. (Something I believe he clearly has the talent for). Disappointing.”

“Yes, Ross Brawn delivered many WDC’s to Shumacher, but Shumacher had that hunger for success already! Hamilton might have a hunger for success, but his hunger for fame over-rides his hunger for wins!”

“The grass may not be greener, but it’s got more bling I guess. If that’s what motivates him.”

“And there goes his career. I just can’t see Merc becoming a top performing team any time soon. The Brawn went from championship winning car to also ran Merc in one year, and hasn’t improved much since. They show early season pace and then it drops away.”

“Terrible decision, despite all his difficulties at McClaren. Turned himself from one of the big players into an also ran in one foul swoop.”

“It’ll be a great shame to see a driver of the quality of Hamilton in the mid-field, knowing that he chose to be there out of sheer greed.”

“Funny that he should move from a team that doesn’t let him have his trophies, to one where that’s not likely to be much of a problem.”

“Hamilton will be left struggling for 5th and 6th place finishes, whilst Vettel and Alonso will be fighting for championships in the years ahead. This will be the start of a very wrong turn in Hamilton’s career.”

Yup, turns out to be an inspired decision, and Hami has the last and loudest laugh

Besides choosing so well in terms of the equipment he ended up with vs what Macca have produced, he needed to get out the Macca environment to become his own driver, rather than a McLaren product.

So no Ross Brawn? May be a while before the prancing horse stands on the top step of a podium. Unless James Alison is busy pulling a rabbit out of a hat!