'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is over for Ferrari imo 

Merc and Ferrari are closer than Ferrari and redbull by more than 50 points 

The shear amount of points Charles has to claw back against someone who is insanely consistent 

14 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

I'm predicting this Championship is over by COTA 

Given Max's consistency and level he's operating at, along with the RB18 looking like a beast, he could be crowned champion with 3 races to go. Will be 4 races if (when?) Ferrari play their support role to RBR's double title bid. LEC going for the fastest lap, losing track position to ALO, then not getting that fastest lap but rather a 5s penalty instead denoting him to P6 maintains Ferrari's run of bloopers...

Insanely dominant performance by Max and Red Bull. Sorry for Charles for the overheating brakes at the beginning, would have maybe been closer to the front at the end, but Max's pace was insane. Could have probably won from the pitlane. The Red Bulls had apparently at 10 to 15kph top speed advantage when fully fueled, and about 7 or 8kph when empty.

even if Ferrari close gap in performance, Max is just so consistent, hardly ever makes mistakes, and the one or 2 this year haven't cost him much (2 spins iirc but he corrected almost immediately and still won). 

Full credit to Adrian Newey and co.  His experience with ground effect cars in previous years have certainly paid off this year.

Edited by JCA12

16 hours ago, JCA12 said:

Insanely dominant performance by Max and Red Bull. Sorry for Charles for the overheating brakes at the beginning, would have maybe been closer to the front at the end, but Max's pace was insane. Could have probably won from the pitlane. The Red Bulls had apparently at 10 to 15kph top speed advantage when fully fueled, and about 7 or 8kph when empty.

even if Ferrari close gap in performance, Max is just so consistent, hardly ever makes mistakes, and the one or 2 this year haven't cost him much (2 spins iirc but he corrected almost immediately and still won). 

Full credit to Adrian Newey and co.  His experience with ground effect cars in previous years have certainly paid off this year.

So the spin story of it being the car and not Max should start soon.........

1 hour ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

So the spin story of it being the car and not Max should start soon.........

Checo drives the same car and given how tight P2 is currently in championship with Ferarri unreliability and strategy bloopers, it's still not a given that Checo would have won this championship. Max has had worse reliability problems and is still nearly 100 points ahead. So the "car" argument would be a bit weak. Also, these are new regs with brand new cars, so that "favourable" development of the car argument would also be a weak one. Then some would perhaps say Checo isn't the greatest challenge, which might be fair, but even Checo's best strengths (tyre management and race pace) are being outdone by Max. But yeah, soon we will start hearing "it's the car"...

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/2021-fia-f2-champion-oscar-piastri-join-mclaren-racing-2023/?s

Right, now we get to find out if Oscar is more a George/Charles OR a Stoffel, all of whom had similar junior success...

He's arguably the best of the juniors in his class, but I'm not sure that is going to be enough to stay close to Lando. Lando is on an upward trajectory and is already very good. I hope Webber has advised his client properly...

“42% of the 110,000 spectators expected every day have said they now plan to use a bicycle, or to a lesser extent motorized scooters, to come here”, Grand Prix organiser Rob Langenberg said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/motor-f1-zandvoort-bicycles-idUSL2N2NP16A

Luuurve cycling almost wherever I go in recent years.  The beautiful (and quick) old cars get a ride about once a week nowadays and otherwise remain on smart chargers.

Just when I think my team has run out of ways to stuff up they come up with something new. When the dude with the fresh left rear wheel eventually rocked up, his overall jacket wasn't even done up properly. Is there no more accountability for these rookie errors? Heads need to roll and not the drivers, they driving their hearts out. 

2 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Just when I think my team has run out of ways to stuff up they come up with something new. When the dude with the fresh left rear wheel eventually rocked up, his overall jacket wasn't even done up properly. Is there no more accountability for these rookie errors? Heads need to roll and not the drivers, they driving their hearts out. 

Yeah.... And Lew Lew with his little frothy again...

As soon as it's Hamfistilton it's okay to be emotional in the heat of the moment, and you don't *really* mean what you say. Unless you're not Hamfistilton, in which case it's what you really think...

And the Lew Lew cheerleaders with their Hamfisted attempts at justifying a lack of strategic planning abilities....

Sjoe.

Yes, I'm back. Back again. Mayhem's back, tell a friend.

9 minutes ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Yeah.... And Lew Lew with his little frothy again...

As soon as it's Hamfistilton it's okay to be emotional in the heat of the moment, and you don't *really* mean what you say. Unless you're not Hamfistilton, in which case it's what you really think...

And the Lew Lew cheerleaders with their Hamfisted attempts at justifying a lack of strategic planning abilities....

Sjoe.

Yes, I'm back. Back again. Mayhem's back, tell a friend.

Tell us how you really feel 🤣. I would love to know if there were radio conversations between LH and his team that they didn't play?

How's all the accusations about Yuki's very well timed loose seatbelt................

6 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Tell us how you really feel 🤣. I would love to know if there were radio conversations between LH and his team that they didn't play?

How's all the accusations about Yuki's very well timed loose seatbelt................

Not really, went through those moments one f1 tv and all conversation was broadcasted

obviously f1tv was not censored, which made it worse ....he really shat on the team

7 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Ja... Tomfeckery of the highest order. Yuki is blunt. To his detriment sometimes, but he is still a decent racer. 

McD's stuffed their strategy. End of. Like Ferrari, they seem to thrive on alternate strategies but never know how to take advantage of changing circumstances. They're flat-footed sanctimonious know-it-alls that can only lose because someone else is cheating, even when their first placed driver is making all his results on his own despite their multiple failings. 

No wonder Horner comes across so cynically. He's had Toto barking for Kansas for the last 10 years. 

Personal opinion. 

Merc Strat team is historically unchallenged and has their best case scenario a borne out by superior machinery. Had bred an aura of superiority Ito "we can't be wrong cos..." and their adaptability is poor due to atrophy. They had the fastest car so any strategy was a good one. 

Ferrari is Italian. Italian strategy is always better because it's Italian. Even peak Italians like Rossi can't tell Italian teams how to go faster, because the boss is always the boss and the rider just delivers pizza under 20 minutes otherwise he pays for it. 

Red Bull have been top, bottom, sideways and interspatial over the same period. The Jack Russel when it comes in and all the other dogs are just staring at the snake slithering up to the kid. The F1 version of PARKOUR!! if you will. Raggedy. Gutsy. Always willing to have a punt if there's a 69.420% chance of working out. Or not. Who cares. They shoot for the moon when the likes of Toto and DoorMattia are staring at their well tailored team principalities, The Secreting their way to success. 

12 hours ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Personal opinion. 

Merc Strat team is historically unchallenged and has their best case scenario a borne out by superior machinery. Had bred an aura of superiority Ito "we can't be wrong cos..." and their adaptability is poor due to atrophy. They had the fastest car so any strategy was a good one. 

Ferrari is Italian. Italian strategy is always better because it's Italian. Even peak Italians like Rossi can't tell Italian teams how to go faster, because the boss is always the boss and the rider just delivers pizza under 20 minutes otherwise he pays for it. 

Red Bull have been top, bottom, sideways and interspatial over the same period. The Jack Russel when it comes in and all the other dogs are just staring at the snake slithering up to the kid. The F1 version of PARKOUR!! if you will. Raggedy. Gutsy. Always willing to have a punt if there's a 69.420% chance of working out. Or not. Who cares. They shoot for the moon when the likes of Toto and DoorMattia are staring at their well tailored team principalities, The Secreting their way to success. 

Must be tough when you realize a whole lot of your success was down to superior machinery.

Yes, the driver needs to be on his game too but I think quite a bit of Lulu's success, like Sebastian Vettel's RBR success, can be attributed to the equipment.