Formula 1...

'Dale

This thread has gone very quiet. I dont blame you guys. Absoluely bugger all interesting happening. Seems as if Alonso might be back, Thats about the most exciting news, oh, and he has a new girlfriend. A really hot one, not the russian. 

No German Gp this year, which means Mercedes might turn their engines all the way up in anger, and lap Alonso and Button at least 5 times.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More excitement in WEC.

Audi upped their power unit to 4MJ class and the heavily revised R18 looks stunning.

Nissans nizmo front engine front driver is being redesigned. Hope they get it to le mans

More excitement in WEC.

Audi upped their power unit to 4MJ class and the heavily revised R18 looks stunning.

Nissans nizmo front engine front driver is being redesigned. Hope they get it to le mans

Absolutely love Le Mans. Great race. Audi need some competition this year. Porsche?

Porsche have also updated their 919 hybrid. New engine new cooling system,new mgu-k and new aerodynamics package. Toyota finally gave VAG a wake up call. Rul has audi buying out red-bull and entering F1 in 2017. Can't see it happening though. Too much public money invested in volkswagen for the board to want to go this route When rally is more cost effective and recognised by fans as technology in their car.

Rosberg is nothing but a points collector at Merc GP. He lacks that killer instinct that Ham has.

McLaren are making decent progress and I reckon they will be up there soon enough.

Regards

As soon as Honda can sort out the sealing of the mgu-h cooling system they can turn the engine up further. We' ll see mclaren up there before the end of the year.

It certainly looks like the Ferrari is much kinder to it types than the Mercedes is. This is a trait of James Allison cars . He had a similar philosophy at lotus previously.

Vettel is certainly proving himself to be one of the mor intelligent drivers. Te worked the car all weekend looking to find a good compromise between quali pace and race pace.

Then he drop so smoothly today. He looked like a Prost

Ja, if another driver (let alone a team mate!) did that to you in the 70's and 80's, you'd have walked over to his garage and mouer him with your helmet. 

Brilliant to see some competition, absolutely stunning drive from Vettel. Smooth and clever. What was interesting is how Ferrari seemed kinder to the tyres, yet seems to have solved their quali problems of the last couple of years - where you actually need to hammer the tyres. Yes, I know Sat was wet, but they looked like they had one-lap pace all weekend long. Still, I do doubt that Ferrari has the out and out pace to beat the Mercs in a straight fight.

Was very emotional to hear the German followed by the Italian anthems again. But hey, what a day for Italy if you look at the MotoGP results as well! (Seperate thread for that, just had to throw it in...)

Not a nice day for Red Bull. They bitch and moan about the engine, then get beaten by their junior team.

A decent GP, but expect the Mercs to destroy the field again in China.

Was very emotional to hear the German followed by the Italian anthems again.

Agree, was never a schumi fan, but still got a little something in my eye, was all so familiar yet so long gone. 

Really glad to see Ferrari compete with real pace, esp since unlike last  year I don't think Rosberg is going to pose a challenge to Hami too often.  kimi should have been in the mix too but for his quali slip. 

Once again predictions of F1's demise unless radical changes, equalisation etc etc are urgently undertaken prove a little premature.  There have always been boring races and dominant teams at times.   Christian Horner must have been feeling like a real numpty come Sunday night...