Formula 1...

'Dale

Yeah, that was it. For now only Grosjean, but Haas has said he will be partnered by a Ferrari reserve. JEV or Gutierrez - most rumors suggesting it will be the Mexican. 

Renault has signed a letter of intent with Lotus keeping them from going bust. Sad situation that. I think JEV will go to Renault. Prost will be the brand ambassador there and he (apparently) is a JEV fan. Both of them being French and all. 

Then it's only Marussia that need to sort drivers and I think what happens there is dependent on their engine deal.

Talking about engines: one fine mess RBR got themselves into and then handling it like chops. Can't imagine why ANYONE would actually want to supply them.

Because they already have an engine supply lined up?can't see any other reasons why they would fire Renault a year early. Rbr aren't stupid. They must know what they doing. Obtaining ferrari or Mercedes-Benz engines isn't going to happen and they know it.

There are rumours vw has an engine but the Vw plans were for a works outfit. I suspect we may still see a vw engine in the rb and rebranded in the toro rosso

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they already have an engine supply lined up?can't see any other reasons why they would fire Renault a year early. Rbr aren't stupid. They must know what they doing. Obtaining ferrari or Mercedes-Benz engines isn't going to happen and they know it.

There are rumours vw has an engine but the Vw plans were for a works outfit. I suspect we may still see a vw engine in the rb and rebranded in the toro rosso

You reckon in time for next year?

that's my feeling on it as well...

"Like I said, I have no ideas about these talks with Renault, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lamborghini – whatever it is. We just have to be patient at this stage." - Kvyat

:ph34r:

Which means VAG

The funny thing is they never stopped talking with Renault. They have a valid contract for engine supply for next year.

The funny thing is they never stopped talking with Renault. They have a valid contract for engine supply for next year.

Coincidentily VW have had to put all projects on hold because of their diesel scandal. Perhaps they were in fact in talks with RBR but circumstances have now dictated that they pursue Renault, at least for one more year as per their contract......

Coincidentily VW have had to put all projects on hold because of their diesel scandal. Perhaps they were in fact in talks with RBR but circumstances have now dictated that they pursue Renault, at least for one more year as per their contract......

VW were never going to supply them in 2016 regardless...

Anyone year Horner responding to Eddie Jordan's comments during quali about his backtracking to Renault - quite funny all round - but just a tad defensive I'd say.

I believe the 2016 and 2017 plan was to run the engine in the red Bull under the Lamborghini or Bugatti names until the team would rebranded to wahtever Volkswagen wants to call the team.

Audi

Volkswagen

Auto Union

Bugatti

take your pick.

Red Bull needed to get out of the Renault contract to make this happen and Renault gave them the perfect excuse by delivering grenades instead of F1 engines. The plan, whatever it is has obviously come unstuck now with VW embroiled in an emissions cheating scandal