Formula 1...

'Dale

Hopefully the Merc's rubber abuse problems are now at an end and not just due to the track characteristics. At least then we'll have another team getting in there and stirring the pot a little.

Well done Nico! Great ride - and I think he'd have held off Button even without his pit slip-up.

3 races, 3 different winners... When last could we even say that?! And that despite the Hamster not having had his turn yet - despite looking blindingly fast at all 3 tracks - and no RB's victories. I think both of those parties will still deliver.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and one of the other great things for me to see thusfar this season is that Williams are (somewhat) in the mix. Saddened me to see them perform so bad last season.

looking at 7-9 cars fighting over 2nd / 3rd position with proper overtaking just put a massive smile on my face, for once i wasnt bothered that Hami wasnt winning, i was glued to the fights behind Rosberg, totally awesome.

First GP I have watched from Start to Finish in years, and what an amazing race :thumbup: Its exciting again

looking at 7-9 cars fighting over 2nd / 3rd position with proper overtaking just put a massive smile on my face, for once i wasnt bothered that Hami wasnt winning, i was glued to the fights behind Rosberg, totally awesome.

With you on this one. Brilliant. Struggling to like Ben Edwards' commentary, but it was a killer race.

With you on this one. Brilliant. Struggling to like Ben Edwards' commentary, but it was a killer race.

could have been worse could have lost commentry and be forced to listen to sasha "ferrari bunghole" martinigo, talking about ferrari the entire time while the saubers, maclarens, red bulls and lotus's were doing the race of their lives.

Same here, first race in yonks that I watched, as F1 has become a lame procession of late, but man was i pleased to watch yesterday, one of the best F1 races I've seen the battle for 2nd was Epic!

Edited by Mackie

anyone confirm if Merc's f-duct inplementation has been OK'd by the FIA?

It was ok'd during the design stages, before it was even built. Lotus tried a formal protest, but it was rejected for that reason....

It's been re-okay'ed (after the formal protest from Lotus pre-China GP) and several teams are now looking at incorporating the double F-duct. The first of those being Lotus - so I presume their 'protest' was just to make sure they're not wasting resources persuing an option that may be outlawed.

For those of you on Twitter do yourself a favour and follow @grandprixdiary and @sniffpetrol . Seriously funny F1 comments and chirps. Have a look at www.sniffpetrol.com

thanks seabee: it's the re-OK i was interested in. but what a novel bit of engineering. Any one else an avid follower of the tech in F1?

I mostly garner info from f1.com, but there's a blog, the URI of which i cant recall now, where some F1 nutter really geeks off about the tech stuff. It's brilliant!

I'll check my bookmarks at home and update this post.

Edited by Capricorn

thanks seabee: it's the re-OK i was interested in. but what a novel bit of engineering. Any one else an avid follower of the tech in F1?

It's kinda sad. The designers and lawyers have a bigger say than the drivers.