Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? How do you know?

But yeah - Alonso may be moody, but he's not a c0ck about it. Raikkonen gets on with the game at hand, and is a bit insular (apparently until you get a drink into him) but Hamilton just seems to be "Uber-driver" and when something goes wrong, it's never his fault.

No, I don't really know... Neither do you.

Your impression of him just seem a bit rough.

But honestly, cptmayhem, he's been let down by his team and manufacturer many times - pit stops and technical failures.

His move to Benz is gonna be interesting.

Really? How do you know?

But yeah - Alonso may be moody, but he's not a c0ck about it. Raikkonen gets on with the game at hand, and is a bit insular (apparently until you get a drink into him) but Hamilton just seems to be "Uber-driver" and when something goes wrong, it's never his fault.

Dude you clearly made up you mind a long time ago! Lots of things have gone wrong where I haven't heard him bashing anyone else... Quite the opposite even last year when he himself admitted he was off form - after many of the incidents he had he wasn't actually to blame, he still had the likes of Massa and Maldanado 9of all people) publically laying into him - Hami chose to keep quiet and got on with it while he sorted his own s*** out. Same this year - after the incident with maldanado Hamilton doesn't get into it in the media like most drivers do. Give credit where it is due.

Love having Kimi back though - nothing complex about him.

Alonso wants to be the Number 1 driver. Thats why he couldn't get along at Mclaren. He felt Lewis was getting "preferrential" treatment.

I still think Lewis made a mistake signing a contract with Mercedes. Yes, Mclaren had reliability issues but it could also be driving style that caused engine failure etc.

It's a champion team and car wheras Mercedes has a lot to prove still.

I guess Lewis probably went for the money and attraction of taking Schumi's seat at Mercedes.... He'll regret it later as he wont be a championship contender anymore.

Theres no bigger whiner and blame xyz than old Alonso, he was outclassed by Hamilton, and if he had a decent partner this year he would be outclassed too, he is really not that great a driver.

Vettel is great but he tries to hard to be cool.

Hamilton has an attitude and he has a right to have an attitude, till Mclaren developed him he competed against the elite super rich like the rosbergs while his dad lived in a van to pay for his races, he borrowed old used tires from the pro teams, and he still managed to kick their asses, he is unequivically the best driver in F1,

Kimi has the most balls (not the brightest boy but definitly the most gutsy)

Vettel needs to buy a presonality

Alonso should unknot his panties.

Button should go play golf or drink tea.

I feel for Webber.

Been racing for so long and never tasted that glory of being Champ.

And here's his teammate going for a possible 3rd.

I feel for Webber.

Been racing for so long and never tasted that glory of being Champ.

And here's his teammate going for a possible 3rd.

I don't feel for him - he's gotten a heck of a lot of wins thanks to being in an incredible car. Like Massa circumstances gave him one single chance to be a world champ - they both let that chance slip and won't get another. But at least they can tell their grandkids about the time they "nearly" were number 1 in the world... more than I can say huh.png biggrin.png

I don't feel for him - he's gotten a heck of a lot of wins thanks to being in an incredible car. Like Massa circumstances gave him one single chance to be a world champ - they both let that chance slip and won't get another. But at least they can tell their grandkids about the time they "nearly" were number 1 in the world... more than I can say huh.png biggrin.png

You're cold, just cold...

:-D

Eish, Massa in the pits in Brazil, it's raining, Hamilton is looking sharp, Glock on those slippery tyres....

What a finalè.

Eish, Massa in the pits in Brazil, it's raining, Hamilton is looking sharp, Glock on those slippery tyres....

What a finalè.

Couldn't write that script - what a sporting moment.

Shame - remember the pics of the Ferrari pit - joy to horror!

Edited by dracs

ROFL. I suppose you're right, I hold a grudge against the guy that seemed to look down on everyone else and have an air of "untouchability"

but you're right - pre-conceived ideas. But what I will say is that Raikkonen sure looks promising - far more promising than Schumi did, and for me to say that....

Anyway. I support Vettel because he is a fantastic driver, and seems very down to earth. Yes, he is a joker - but then so is Rossi on the MotoGP circuit. His car hasn't been the best this year, in total contrast to last when he & Webber were streets ahead of everyone else. But he has still managed to put in consistent results, race after race. A lot of that is down to the team that he has, yes. But look at Webber's performance as a counterpoint. Same car, different strategies, different drivers and different levels of skill. Vettel, together with a brilliant team and a fantastic drive, came back TWICE from last position to clinch 3rd. Webber, on the other hand, looked clumsy and seemed as if he was taking driving instructions from Montoya. Yes, his exit from this last race wasn't his fault - sheer bad luck that he clipped the rear wheel there, in an unavoidable situation. But Vettel has consistently out-performed him.

Yeah, glad Kimi and Lotus are bringing in the goods.

The more teams in contestation, the more exciting the racing.

Hey, let's settle it this way... Face it, they're ALL a bunch of arrogant buggers. Even the backmarkers. For that matter, 99.9999999% (there may be one saint somewhere...) of all good sportsmen are. Why? Simply because you have to deep within yourself believe (KNOW!) that you're the best. Otherwise you loose.

Yeah sure, off the bike/out of the car/off the pitch they're most likely a totally different person. But if you don't believe you're the best whilst doing your sport, you're going to get beaten. And that's why they come across the way they do.

True, Seabee, true.

They're not spiritual leaders.

:-)

When's the next race?

Looking forward to it.

Hey, let's settle it this way... Face it, they're ALL a bunch of arrogant buggers. Even the backmarkers. For that matter, 99.9999999% (there may be one saint somewhere...) of all good sportsmen are. Why? Simply because you have to deep within yourself believe (KNOW!) that you're the best. Otherwise you loose.

Yeah sure, off the bike/out of the car/off the pitch they're most likely a totally different person. But if you don't believe you're the best whilst doing your sport, you're going to get beaten. And that's why they come across the way they do.

In the immortal words of Helgaard Muller (Google if you don't know who he is), "lllaaat if you show me a gggood guy, I'll sssshow you aa lllloser"!!

PS: Helgaard stutters.

Edited by flymango

They got him to speak English?! ;)

Ja, there's somebody that said and I'm not sure, but I think it was McEnroe (maybe google will have something on him too!) back in his hey-day. Something to the line of "A good loser remains just that" (a loser).