Formula 1...

'Dale

Rain predicted for both Saturday and Sunday in Sao Paulo. Hope it P#sses down! Come on Alonso!!!

If it rains Vettel will take it...he won his first points in a race where it rained, he is the better wet weather drive....sadly for Ferrariunsure.png . And yet, the chequered flag has not fallen yethuh.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... you obviously forgot Vettel's first win...? In a freakin Torro Rosso... in the wet... It's not as if rain will be bad for him.

Unless you get Brazil's chaos and a overrun track causing anothe "expensive carpark" just after the esses, like a couple of years ago - and then it's luck of the draw as to who survives and who not.

That all said, the rules are now so pansied up that rain will more likely mean no race!

Alonso has no chance driving that piece of Italian sh#t against an Adrian Newey car in the dry. I'll take my chances with him in the wet then.

I also haven't forgot that of the two wet qualifying sessions this season, Alonso has taken pole in both and in the wettest race of the season in Malaysia, Alonso won.

Dude... you obviously forgot Vettel's first win...? In a freakin Torro Rosso... in the wet... It's not as if rain will be bad for him.

Unless you get Brazil's chaos and a overrun track causing anothe "expensive carpark" just after the esses, like a couple of years ago - and then it's luck of the draw as to who survives and who not.

That all said, the rules are now so pansied up that rain will more likely mean no race!

Yeah, that was in Germany, if I remember correctly.

He was from another planet that day.

Seems so recent. Yet he is a 2 time Champ already.

If it rains Vettel will take it...he won his first points in a race where it rained, he is the better wet weather drive....sadly for Ferrariunsure.png . And yet, the chequered flag has not fallen yethuh.png

Are you watching a different formula one to the rest of us? Alonso is the absolute best in the rain. Imagine if he had a decent car, he'd lap the entire field twice in a wet race.

If it rains it will be Alonso's. Look at his pole positions and first win this year. Yes Vettel won his first rain in the wet, but he also crashed into plenty of people since then in the wet.

He's good, but Alonso is better in the wet and RBR's DRS will be neutralised if qualy happens on a wet track.

Rain would definately be good for Alonso. if nothing else it makes things unpredictible - and that is what he needs. A straight forward dry race means Vettel will again start probably 4 or 5 places ahead of Alonso on the grid - and from there he can manage an easy podium with Fonsie behind and thereby secure yet another Newey empowered world championship....

Alonso needs a whole lot to go his way.

Kimi 3rd on the overall standings. Lotus must be chuffed.

Actually in reality Alonso needs a Vettel DNF. No way Vettel will finish 5th or worse in that car.

Actually in reality Alonso needs a Vettel DNF. No way Vettel will finish 5th or worse in that car.

All it takes is a carbon wing into some rubber... Pssssssst....

devil.gif

So we shall hope for a DNF...I have a Ferrari flag that needs unfurlingthumbup1.gif

If alonso and Vettel DNF and Kimi wins....what then?

NEvermind, just worked it out.

Kimi's currently on 206 pts, plus 25 equals not enough.

Funny story this week in the F1 press with Kimi wanting to rather finish 4th in the standings then he won't have to go to the FIA's year end function in Istanbul to collect his trophy! Obviously the team wants him to finish third! Funny guy. Like him more and more.

But yeah, in reality Alonso needs a DNF from Vettel or a major disaster of a race. Cudo's to Alonso for keeping himself in the hunt with a dog of a car. Mid year poll by team principals had him ranked as the best driver on the grid at the moment. I'm sure he'll finish the year at the top of that list, but there'll be some other movers and shakers like Kimi moving up and Perez moving down.

Strange comments from McLaren the last week or so about their new signing...I think there are some regrets there that they didn't (or couldn't!) go for Di Resta or The Hulk.