Formula 1...

'Dale

IVettel shows them the finger again!!

4th in a row, what a dominant season.

Not a particularly exciting race but what the hell, watched to see a champion being crowned and got what I wanted!!!!

Let the hating begin........

That is the problem. We always made a huge effort on F1 weekends, We would get together at someones house and make theme food for the weekend. Italy was always my favourite, pasta and pizza and red wine, followed by the Silverstone race in the UK, bangers and mash and plenty BEER. Lately though no one is interested as the result is a given. Sad, as I absolutely love the sport, however if you are not a Seb and Redbull fan it becomes very boooooring indeed. Like watching the All Black play Italy, you know who will win. Today proved the Redbull has a vastly superior car, however Vettel is driving the wheels off it, he is very talented aswell, not a fan, but credit to the champion.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome feat at 26 yrs of age

How were those donuts ?

They were awesome, and he landed a trip to the race stewards office for a talking after that. Team landed a Euro 25,000 fine for the priviledge.

F1 is a frikken bureaucrats wet dream

They were awesome, and he landed a trip to the race stewards office for a talking after that. Team landed a Euro 25,000 fine for the priviledge.

Forkit.

Yoh

I'll + 1 to that

That is the problem. We always made a huge effort on F1 weekends, We would get together at someones house and make theme food for the weekend. Italy was always my favourite, pasta and pizza and red wine, followed by the Silverstone race in the UK, bangers and mash and plenty BEER. Lately though no one is interested as the result is a given. Sad, as I absolutely love the sport, however if you are not a Seb and Redbull fan it becomes very boooooring indeed. Like watching the All Black play Italy, you know who will win. Today proved the Redbull has a vastly superior car, however Vettel is driving the wheels off it, he is very talented aswell, not a fan, but credit to the champion.

No offense intended but if you truly love the sport then the winner running off into the distance shouldn't be putting you off. There are more than enough races through the field to keep anyone entertained with plenty of overtaking yesterday again. Besides the TV's race director pretty much ignored Vettel till the last 2 or 3 laps barring the pitstops of course.

I for one am a huge racing fan and just like the Casey Stoner days of MotoGP, where people complained about being bored, I could sit for hours and watch a amazing driver/rider hitting his lines perfectly lap after lap, setting fastest lap after fastest lap, showing his opponents and the fans what more the machine can give. It is just as exciting, to me, as watching an all-out race long scrap.

Absolute rubbish! Suspected that would happen, though. I think he'd have been able to get the fine paid by the fans! It was so awesome to see a real celebration instead of the freakin sterile podium affairs.

post-9887-0-72911900-1382939663_thumb.jpg

This boytjie is class, no debate.

sk27 - I agree, theres races throughout the whole field nowadays. But... I'd also prefer it if there was one for the lead. Very little beats that excitement - just look at the motogp race of earlier...

No offense intended but if you truly love the sport then the winner running off into the distance shouldn't be putting you off. There are more than enough races through the field to keep anyone entertained with plenty of overtaking yesterday again. Besides the TV's race director pretty much ignored Vettel till the last 2 or 3 laps barring the pitstops of course.

I for one am a huge racing fan and just like the Casey Stoner days of MotoGP, where people complained about being bored, I could sit for hours and watch a amazing driver/rider hitting his lines perfectly lap after lap, setting fastest lap after fastest lap, showing his opponents and the fans what more the machine can give. It is just as exciting, to me, as watching an all-out race long scrap.

I never miss a race. Huge fan, but the thrill of the world title race is part of the sport. Vettel just ran away with it this year. One thing I dont understand is that one person can have such terrible luck, poor old Mark Webber. Feel so sorry for the guy. Seems like every weekend something goes wrong with his car, and the other one performs perfectly.

I never miss a race. Huge fan, but the thrill of the world title race is part of the sport. Vettel just ran away with it this year. One thing I dont understand is that one person can have such terrible luck, poor old Mark Webber. Feel so sorry for the guy. Seems like every weekend something goes wrong with his car, and the other one performs perfectly.

Hmmm. How much is luck, and how much is just bad driving? Hear me out here - the drivers select their own settings in the car. So - how much is it the fault of the car (random faults) and how much of it is him selecting the inappropriate map / wrong setting etc or driving outside the tyre's capabilities (we all know how they need to be managed this year)

Hmmm. How much is luck, and how much is just bad driving? Hear me out here - the drivers select their own settings in the car. So - how much is it the fault of the car (random faults) and how much of it is him selecting the inappropriate map / wrong setting etc or driving outside the tyre's capabilities (we all know how they need to be managed this year)

Don your tin foil hats and get googling, there are tons of conspriracy theorists out there that believe it's all planned. Vettel is behind it all you know, take out a competitve team-mate. Oh and obviously Ricciardo next year as the submissive second driver that must just tow the line.

Amazing works of science fiction out there around this subject.

Oh and the year is not lost now that the championship has been won, there are still 2 races and if Vettel wins them he beats Schumachers record for the most wins in a year.

Edited by sk27

Don your tin foil hats and get googling, there are tons of conspriracy theorists out there that believe it's all planned. Vettel is behind it all you know, take out a competitve team-mate. Oh and obviously Ricciardo next year as the submissive second driver that must just tow the line.

Amazing works of science fiction out there around this subject.

Oh and the year is not lost now that the championship has been won, there are still 2 races and if Vettel wins them he beats Schumachers record for the most wins in a year.

Yeah, and RB are towing the line 'cos everyone knows they don't want TWO dominant cars on the grid. I mean, hell. The constructors championship is worth, what? R 2.50?

Pfft. Chump change.

Get with it (not you, sk - the theorists) - RB want to be as competitive as possible. They're the same team, same budget etc just a different race management team between MW & SV. That's all it comes down to, really. RB would not put a duff car into the mix. There's just too much to lose.

Okay, yeah - SV would probably get the majority of "new" equipment if there was only one of them in production, which is logical - give the stuff to your top driver, but spread your bets just in case something goes wrong with it. A race later, when it's been tested under race conditions, then MW gets it and so on. But that's just normal race tactics.

Watching Seb is a master class in driving...similar to the Schumi days....and similar to the late great Senna! :clap:

Yeah, and RB are towing the line 'cos everyone knows they don't want TWO dominant cars on the grid. I mean, hell. The constructors championship is worth, what? R 2.50?

Pfft. Chump change.

Get with it (not you, sk - the theorists) - RB want to be as competitive as possible. They're the same team, same budget etc just a different race management team between MW & SV. That's all it comes down to, really. RB would not put a duff car into the mix. There's just too much to lose.

Okay, yeah - SV would probably get the majority of "new" equipment if there was only one of them in production, which is logical - give the stuff to your top driver, but spread your bets just in case something goes wrong with it. A race later, when it's been tested under race conditions, then MW gets it and so on. But that's just normal race tactics.

Fully agree with you, also lately MW always seems to choose a different strategy to SV and thats the decision from their side of the garage. It's almost like he is trying too hard, which would explain the DNF's due to mechanical failures. I think SV is just a better driver, can coax the best out of the RB and still bring it home comfortably ahead of the rest.

Fully agree with you, also lately MW always seems to choose a different strategy to SV and thats the decision from their side of the garage. It's almost like he is trying too hard, which would explain the DNF's due to mechanical failures. I think SV is just a better driver, can coax the best out of the RB and still bring it home comfortably ahead of the rest.

Yeah. Exactly. And we all know what happens when we try to hard... Our faces end up in the tarmac.

Mayhem, I'm 100% with you guys. I really think Webber is a very good driver. But Seb is just pushing the envelope so much that Webber is stretching everything to try and keep up - and at times he snaps some piece of the elastic bands he's been stretching. In the same car, Vettel is still managing the car, pacing himself and his equipment and... making it look boring.

But - let's not forget about an equally impressive drive from Grosjean. Really improved this year, esp of late. 16th to 3rd and a... something like 16 lap opening stint on the softer tyres which other people had trouble with after a couple of laps! :eek:

And Force India coming to the party again for a change!

Still hoping Webber can win a last one before he retires. 3 Races left, Abu Dhabi, USA and Brazil. Highly unlikely, Seb wil now be fearless as he has already wrapped up the title and Red Bull have wrapped up the constructors. Unfortunately my favourite, Alonso, had a shocker.

Let's not forget that Adrian Newey now has 10 drivers and 10 constructors championships won in his cars. He is probably more important to Red Bull than the drivers.