Formula 1...

'Dale

Lotus 1979

http://www.designboom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/classic-liveries-on-2013-f1-cars-designboom10.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are really neat! From a previous guy doing the same thing:

Gold Leaf Lotus:

post-9887-0-00512400-1387423285_thumb.jpg

Williams FW14:

post-9887-0-63711600-1387423349_thumb.jpg

And no need to identify this one - think this absolutely rocks!

post-9887-0-81910000-1387423392_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

F1 2014 is upon us

Quoted from this article

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/01/lotus-lands-new-partner-as-boullier-claims-2014-budget-is-ring-fenced/

"Meanwhile Caterham is set to reveal its drivers at a preseason launch event in Leafield tomorrow. After that the first of the car launches takes place with McLaren revealing its challenger online on Friday, Ferrari launching its car on Saturday in Maranello, then Sauber on Sunday. Toro Rosso, Mercedes and Red Bull will all be revealed next week ahead of the first F1 test of the hybrid turbo era at Jerez from 28-31 January"

Cannot wait!!!!

GO VETTEL!!!!!!!!

Dislike. If the Red Bull dominates again this year I am afraid the sport will suffer. I hope Daniel Riciardo challenges him more than Webber did.

Dislike. If the Red Bull dominates again this year I am afraid the sport will suffer. I hope Daniel Riciardo challenges him more than Webber did.

You can't blame a team/driver for being good. It's always been like this. Before this, Alonso had a mini-era of two seasons, before that Schumacher and Ferrari, before that a mini Hakkinen-McLaren era, preceeded by Schumacher-Bentton, preceded by Williams dominance, preceded by Senna and Prost (and before that Prost and Lauda) nailing everything that moved in their McLarens (remember the MP4/4 winning every race bar one - which they were on the way to win - also De Angelis commenting one year finishing 3rd in WDCC that he's World Champ in the non-McLaren class). Before that there was a chap called Piquet in a Brabham. Need I go on? Lauda/Ferrari... Steward and Tyrrell had their era. Lotus before that.

I agree this is not great for entertainment, but it's not as if it is something new in F1. And face it, last year's "dominance" was only a result of the FIA in their wisdom changing the playing field mid-season by suddenly introducing other tyre specs.

Let's see, maybe the rule changes (many of which I dislike) will upset the apple cart. We may see a new 5 year dominance of Williams or something! :whistling:

You can't blame a team/driver for being good. It's always been like this. Before this, Alonso had a mini-era of two seasons, before that Schumacher and Ferrari, before that a mini Hakkinen-McLaren era, preceeded by Schumacher-Bentton, preceded by Williams dominance, preceded by Senna and Prost (and before that Prost and Lauda) nailing everything that moved in their McLarens (remember the MP4/4 winning every race bar one - which they were on the way to win - also De Angelis commenting one year finishing 3rd in WDCC that he's World Champ in the non-McLaren class). Before that there was a chap called Piquet in a Brabham. Need I go on? Lauda/Ferrari... Steward and Tyrrell had their era. Lotus before that.

Agreed. And most of the time fans loved those dominant drivers.

Makes the way crowds booed Vettel vary strange.

Agreed. And most of the time fans loved those dominant drivers.

Makes the way crowds booed Vettel vary strange.

Let me just get into my flame suit here. The Red Bull is vastly superior to anything on the grid. Also, most people feel Vettel is not as good as Senna or Schumie, and even his fellow drivers rate Alonso as a better driver. He has 4 titles in a car that was always miles better than anything. Lets see him work for a title like the greats did. Then maybe he will earn the respect. Right now he is one of the most unpopular guys on the starting grid, along with Maldonado who should not even be in F1 were it not for the money he brings with him.

Let me just get into my flame suit here. The Red Bull is vastly superior to anything on the grid. Also, most people feel Vettel is not as good as Senna or Schumie, and even his fellow drivers rate Alonso as a better driver. He has 4 titles in a car that was always miles better than anything. Lets see him work for a title like the greats did. Then maybe he will earn the respect. Right now he is one of the most unpopular guys on the starting grid, along with Maldonado who should not even be in F1 were it not for the money he brings with him.

You think he ISN'T working? Did you see what Webber did with exactly the same car? Yeah - thought so.

To say he's great cos of the car he drives is to do him a massive dis-service. It's like saying Greg Minnaar is a great rider and won world champs 'cos he rides Santa Cruz, or that Gary Perkin is a great photographer 'cos he has a good camera.

Those are only the tools he has. He still has to pilot the thing, press the loud pedal and steer the thing around the corners. And you know what? Last year it WASN'T the fastest car on the grid until the later stages. So yeah. He does have a good car. But to ascribe his success to the car alone is pure hogwash.

You think he ISN'T working? Did you see what Webber did with exactly the same car? Yeah - thought so.

To say he's great cos of the car he drives is to do him a massive dis-service. It's like saying Greg Minnaar is a great rider and won world champs 'cos he rides Santa Cruz, or that Gary Perkin is a great photographer 'cos he has a good camera.

Those are only the tools he has. He still has to pilot the thing, press the loud pedal and steer the thing around the corners. And you know what? Last year it WASN'T the fastest car on the grid until the later stages. So yeah. He does have a good car. But to ascribe his success to the car alone is pure hogwash.

Do you think if you gave Button or Sutil or Hamilton or Rossberg the same car they would not achieve the same results. Minnaars Santa Cruz is not miles better than the other bikes, so that comparison is pointless. Webber has never been a great driver. Lets see what happens this year. My money is on Grosjean and Kimi, Alonso still my favourite. Edited by Johny Bravo

Do you think if you gave Button or Sutil or Hamilton or Rossberg the same car they would not achieve the same results. Minnaars Santa Cruz is not miles better than the other bikes, so that comparison is pointless. Webber has never been a great driver. Lets see what happens this year. My money is on Grosjean and Kimi, Alonso still my favourite.

No, I don't. Button doesn't have the killer instinct, Hamilton would have crashed into people too many times and probably gone the same way as Webber with repeated mechanical failures and mid-field finishes. Grosjean would probably have been up there. The ONLY person I reckon who would have given Vettel a go would have been Raikkonen. Rosberg - almost. Certainly he would stand a better chance than Hamfistilton.

BREAKING NEWS!!!! F1...

Kobayashi and Ericsson to race for Caterham in 2014

Caterham will field an all-new driver line-up this year after confirming that Japanese driver Kamui Kobayashi and Swedish rookie Marcus Ericsson will spearhead their 2014 campaign.

Kobayashi, 27, is a veteran of 60 Grand Prix starts and joins the Leafield-based team after spending a year away from F1, during which he raced sportscars for Ferrari. He made his F1 debut for Toyota in 2009, before spending three seasons at Sauber, the last of which, in 2012, yielded his only F1 podium finish to date in Japan.

Ericsson, 23, steps up to Grand Prix racing from GP2 after spending four seasons in the junior category. His only F1 experience to date came in 2009 when he tested for Brawn GP shortly after winning the Japanese Formula Three crown.

Today's news means that all of the available seats on the 2014 grid have now been filled, leaving Caterham’s 2013 drivers, Charles Pic and Giedo van der Garde, and test driver Heikki Kovalainen without race drives.