Formula 1...

'Dale

I dont want to get excited too early. But it seems Vettel will have to earn his wins this year. Overall i think this will be the best season in years. Bring on Melbourne baby.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From that it seems Renault problems are not of the past yet. RBR and STR combined less than 20 laps plus 8 for Lotus... Compared to Merc and Ferrari engined cars and you can see who's going to be (at the very least) starting the season on the back foot.

From that it seems Renault problems are not of the past yet. RBR and STR combined less than 20 laps plus 8 for Lotus... Compared to Merc and Ferrari engined cars and you can see who's going to be (at the very least) starting the season on the back foot.

Renault came out last night and said it's not them anymore holding their teams back. Vettel said in an interview "we have new problems".

So far Merc has done 5100km, Ferrari 2750km and Renault 1100km of which Caterham has done close to 800km.

Not great for the start of the season!

Nope. It's looking good for Merc and their customer teams. There's been a lot of chat about the Ferrari "power unit". Apparently it sounds unlike anything else on down-shift, needs less cooling than the others and is rumoured to be very light on fuel consumption.

If Merc does turn out to be the team to beat, we will have one heck of a season on our hands thanks to a season long battle between Rosberg and Hamilton. Rather that than a one man show. Would be nice though to have three or four teams battle it out.

But at this stage it's all smoke and mirrors. Good news is it's only 23 more days then we'll know!

11:40 GARY ANDERSON: "Looking at the time Valtteri Bottas has done in the Williams-Mercedes (1m37.635s) compared to Sebastian Vettel's best in the Red Bull-Renault (1m40.340s), there is a 2.705s gap.

"The difference between a very low fuel load and a tank that is brimmed with 100kg should be around three seconds. So no matter what the relative loads, it's clear Williams has made a lot of progress over the winter.

"As I often say, you learn more from a bad year than you do from a good year. The performance of Williams compared to Red Bull is evidence of that."

Next Level:

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editorial/1392899227.jpg

12:28 Glenn Freeman spotted somebody from Mercedes stationed towards the end of the back straight recording various cars as they pass by on full throttle.

GARY ANDERSON: "It's likely he will be recording the engine sound. From that, you can work out the engine RPM and gear ratio. And from that, probably the engine torque and the electrical torque that a given car is using to reach its top speed."

The 2014 Ferrari at Soccer city over the week end.

That's not the 2014 Ferrari....

Edit: or earlier.

Edited by Iwan Kemp

SPEED TRAP:

Alonso; 336,4 km/h,

Kevin Magnussen: 330,2 km/h

Felipe Massa: 327,2 km/h.

—

Renault Cars:

Jean-Eric Vergne: 308,5 km/h

Sebastian Vettel: 301,6 km/h

Kamui Kobayashi: 301,5 km/h