Formula 1...

'Dale

I believe if RBR suffers we will see a completely different Vettel. In a bad way. I remember when they were struggling early in a season, believe it was 2010, he was a difficult guy with lots of reports of fits in pits. Throw in a team mate who is an excellent qualifier and we have a potential nuke on our hands.

I would like more teams to win and for Williams and Ferrari to mix it up at the front, but I will more than happy to have Rosberg and Hamilton have a go at each other till the end of F1 2014.

Still think RBR won't have both cars crossing the finish line tomorrow.

If that's the case, then he will lose a lot of seasoned supporters. Arrogance is acceptable to a point (the position of a formula 1 driver demands it, in certain respects) but flat out temper tantrums are not things to be expected of one of that calibre or position.

I'm sure he will be extremely upset, nay - angry - should the car fail tomorrow, but I hope that I am right in thinking that he has become more mature and stoic in nature, and will not perform like an angry kid who's had his lolly taken away from him.

Agreed on the battles though. There's a lot more at stake here than just a few points, and taking the final practice and quali into account, there are quite a few contenders for those top 10 positions. And the merc's hold on top spot isn't as tight as we assumed on Friday morning!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be such a great race. I think Daniel drove the wheels off that Red Bull in the wet, very talented. But in the dry the Red Bull wont have the pace. That Renault engine is sommer ***. We had such a laugh that the factory Renault team were position 21 and 22 respectively. Dead last, pathetic.

Er, Red Bull is the factory Renault team...

and their issues are also related to getting the ICE and ERS switchover and battery charge to sync so that it allows a drivable car. They have really big problems with their electronics.

Red Bull had a packaging issue that required a new heat shield and sink to be built hence they were stuffed for the better part of a month. All the new parts are fitted and boom they're in the race.

I believe heir lack of pace thus far has been due to them still using the FP1,2&3 sessions as test sessions. Qualy showed their pace. Their true race pace is unknown,

Er, Red Bull is the factory Renault team...

and their issues are also related to getting the ICE and ERS switchover and battery charge to sync so that it allows a drivable car. They have really big problems with their electronics.

Red Bull had a packaging issue that required a new heat shield and sink to be built hence they were stuffed for the better part of a month. All the new parts are fitted and boom they're in the race.

I believe heir lack of pace thus far has been due to them still using the FP1,2&3 sessions as test sessions. Qualy showed their pace. Their true race pace is unknown,

Er, you are incorrect Sir. Lotus F1 team was born out of Renault F1 team, the team where Alonso won his two world titles. Untill recently they were known as Lotus Renault nd most of the team were part of the Renault team. While they my not exactly be the factory team like I stated, they are pretty much the Reanult team. And they were beyond *** today. I still expect a lot of Renault engine cars failing tomorrow. Edited by Johny Bravo

Er, you are incorrect Sir. Lotus F1 team was born out of Renault F1 team, the team where Alonso won his two world titles. Untill recently they were known as Lotus Renault nd most of the team were part of the Renault team. While they my not exactly be the factory team like I stated, they are pretty much the Reanult team. And they were beyond *** today. I still expect a lot of Renault engine cars failing tomorrow.

Lotus F1 Racing is owned by Genii Capital. It has nothing to do with the Renault factory. They are a customer team irrespective of their past ownership by Renault Nissan. The current factory team is Red Bull Racing.

AS can be seen by the performance of Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Caterham, Renault is far from K8K. They may be behind their development programme due to self inflicted reasons I.e. not running the engine in a Mule like Mercedes and Ferrari did (the latter in a Ferrari La Ferrari).

The Renault issues are now mostly software related and turbo related. Both or able to be developed through the season. The way Renault are working their turbo is very different to Ferrari or Mercedes and we will only see its true performance by the time the F1 races return to Europe.

In terms of the MGU-H system, converting exhaust heat to electrical, any idea how that works?

via thermoelectric generators or via a turbine

for the former see here: http://en.wikipedia....ctric_generator

This is why the turbo's tend to run on after the engine is switched off. this allows the heat to be dissipated into the ATEG and charge the batteries. The batteries can then turn the electric motor to start the engine before the car leaves the pits. No more need for a starter.

Edited by GoLefty!!

Lotus F1 Racing is owned by Genii Capital. It has nothing to do with the Renault factory. They are a customer team irrespective of their past ownership by Renault Nissan. The current factory team is Red Bull Racing.

AS can be seen by the performance of Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Caterham, Renault is far from K8K. They may be behind their development programme due to self inflicted reasons I.e. not running the engine in a Mule like Mercedes and Ferrari did (the latter in a Ferrari La Ferrari).

The Renault issues are now mostly software related and turbo related. Both or able to be developed through the season. The way Renault are working their turbo is very different to Ferrari or Mercedes and we will only see its true performance by the time the F1 races return to Europe.

I will wait for tomorrow. It was wet today, not a true reflection of pace.

What a surprise to see Hamilton's car develop problems. Shows, the testing meant squat.