• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another 1-2 by Merc

Hamster's 1st victory in China

A few points away now from leader and teammate Rosberg

That had to hurt! To quote James Allan:

"Meanwhile it escaped the notice of no-one that this was the third time in four races that Daniel Ricciardo had out qualified his four time world champion team mate Sebastian Vettel."

I always said Vettel had it lucky with his car. Seems very true at this stage. Crybaby of note. Again not listening to team orders. He is not winning any fans.

Other than that, quite enjoyed the race, expected the drs to be more effective on the long straights. Was not the case. Some good racing all round. Kimi Raikkonen should stick to eating ice creams, absolutely nowhere. Fernando drove a great race. Lewis superb. One thing is clear at this stage, Nico, Vettel and Kimi are being upstaged by their team mates. and it is clear for all to see.

Lewis is on fire. To have a season worth remembering we do need Nico up there.

Vettel, much like Schumacher, was never great under pressure. He's made several mistakes this here when pushing. Senna and several other "greats" proved themselves in lesser cars. Senna winning in a dog of a 1993 McLaren for example. Alonso 2012, 2013...

I'm not sure Ferrari has improved as much as it looked this weekend. China has always been good to them. But at the same time they were saying Bahrain was always going to be their worst.

Ricciardo has been phenomenal. He's always been fast in qualifying, but on occasion has faded...turns out he was just over-delivering in qualifying!

Not the biggest Vettel fan, but I do believe the last couple of years' blown RBR's and Vettel was made for each other.

Kimi Raikkonen should stick to eating ice creams, absolutely nowhere.

Kimi should be given a mid field car that he has to fight with to get anywhere. All his best drives come from that :whistling:

Yeah Vettel and Mr Roquelin need to work out a PU map that works for them. They're struggling a little this year to get the tight front end vettel wants t works with a powertrain that seems hell bent on delivering everything in a rush. Riccardo is certainly coping with the Renaults characteristics better. He also has had more reliable running in the car this year and that is showing

Superb drive by Lewis.

Driver of the day; Alonso - for driving to that dog of a Ferrari to a respectable 3rd place.

Highlight of the day - albeit short lived; Kobayashi in the Caterham overtaking Vettel. I understand he wasn't racing Vettel, however surely he is allowed to unlap himself.

Superb drive by Lewis.

Driver of the day; Alonso - for driving to that dog of a Ferrari to a respectable 3rd place.

Highlight of the day - albeit short lived; Kobayashi in the Caterham overtaking Vettel. I understand he wasn't racing Vettel, however surely he is allowed to unlap himself.

He is, but he would have had to pull away from Vettel in order to make it a valid pass. As he couldn't, he needed to give the place up again as he would have been black flagged for ignoring the repeated blues (which were being waved 'cos Vettel wasn't letting him get away)

Apparently a false story.

Thanks for that.

As I initially stated, I hadn't seen anyything reported about it on any of the officiall news sites.

Edited by Coolcat