Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that red bull and ferrari can challenge for a win from this weekend, would be great to have more than 2 teamates battling at the front. For sure, I still think Hamilton is going win this one by a margin again :)

I hope that red bull and ferrari can challenge for a win from this weekend, would be great to have more than 2 teamates battling at the front. For sure, I still think Hamilton is going win this one by a margin again :)

Unless the tangle or hit major drama, I don't see that happening any time soon. They are too far ahead.

No comments about Monaco? With ole Hamster at his toy-throwing best? Will be interesting to see how that evolves, but was inevitable in a dominant team... FWIW, I think it was an honest mistake on Rosberg's side... and with him having taken to the escape road - and thus off the track - yellow flags may have even been an overkill. But... up in S1 around Monaco with potential of other traffic and plenty of turns to get something small wrong does not guarantee you pole! Anyways, think it was a good drive by Nico, managing the pressure from behind. Pity the safety car intervened with any potential strategy calls, but they should know it's Monaco and the odds of one is good. Good show from Riciardo in the end, but too little too late. Vettel is having a mare of a season thusfar - wonder if one of his helmet designs did not feature a 13, an upside down horse shoe or something. Bad luck for Kimi... and then that overtaking move which was a bit desperate. Alonso kept it on the track and both of these guys will be desperate for the upgrades. Vergne did well untill he was released too early - and then it all went up in smoke anyways after that. Bianchi getting points for Marussia, wow! But driver of the day for me was Hulk - that overtake on Magnussen was great! Really impressive drive and... again, I cannot understand why somebody like Ferrari did not pick him ahead of Kimi. Really feel he deserves a top drive.

Hulkenbergy doesn't bring in the kind of sponsorship money that a top team is looking for. Kimi brings in a good $30Mill a year.

Hulkenbergy doesn't bring in the kind of sponsorship money that a top team is looking for. Kimi brings in a good $30Mill a year.

Also, wasn't too long ago that Kimi broke the record for most consecutive points finishes. He's been battling and had some bad luck - I'm sure he'll turn it around.

Interesting quote by Alison who said Alonso is suffering the same handling and set up issues as Kimi - he's just driving faster. Was quoted by the media of course so who knows what he really said, but still...

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28165.html

Reports of a 'secret Red Bull test' have emerged.

Germany's Bild newspaper said the reigning world champion team is alleged to have tested indoors at the Austrian company AVL's 'rolling road' facility in Graz.

The six-day test, involving Red Bull's troubled engine supplier Renault, reportedly occurred between the last pre-season track test in Bahrain and the start of the season in Australia.

Rumours of the illegal test reportedly began to circulate after someone circulated correspondence to the FIA as well as the Mercedes, Ferrari and Sauber teams.

Germany's Auto Bild reports that the test actually involved Red Bull's junior team, Toro Rosso, who have been deeply involved in the efforts to pull Renault out of its pre-season technical crisis.

But Red Bull test driver Antonio Felix da Costa had 'tweeted' in early March that he was headed to Austria for a '5 day trip'. "Spending the weekend in Graz, Austria," he added two days later. "Not by choice though!"

Wow.. fantastic race in the end. Started out looking like would be same ol story as all before in this season but ended with a bang (and bust for Massa and Perez).

Big difference in Nico-Hamilton relationship and Vettel-Riccardo. At first expected a glum faced Vettel with losing spot at pitstop to teammate, but instead ended with him showing full support and praise to Riccardo for job well done. Good sportsmanship after what we have seen from Mercedes team in last few races.

Edited by ryanlynx99

Best race of the year so far. Loved it. Gives me hope that the rest of the season might be a bit more exciting. Well deserved win for Riciardo, so happy for him. Only downside is the Ferraris again lacking pace.

Unless the tangle or hit major drama, I don't see that happening any time soon. They are too far ahead.

Well, that lasted all of 4 days! Brilliant race. Even though Perez turned in on Massa it was a brilliant effort by him. So too Ricciardo, Rosberg & Massa.

Btw, it was Merc's MGU-K that failed which meant they were down from 760bhp to 600 as they were running on the engine alone.

Had an effect on their brakes as well as increasing their fuel consumption...still Rosberg finished 2nd!

They are WAY ahead!

Great race, Canada always delivers something... Well done for Ricciardo, that was brilliant. It's a pity the race ended the way it did (pretty much like the tennis!) and took some of the glory away - at least both guys are unhurt. At least it gave him two slow laps to drink it in!

At least the Mercs came to the party by both breaking - and then Hamster went on to completely stuff his up. Think it was a great drive by Nico to even get second running hybrid-less.

Ferrari are left with a lot of soul searching... doubt whether they'll invest too much dev time into this season any more. See them writing it off and getting a head-start on 2015 car (and engine!) Sure, the track would not have suited them, but that was a dismal showing. Massa must have had a broader grin than Ricciardo when he passed Alonso on the outside of turn 1!

Great rides (up to a point for Perez) by both Force India's. How they made that super soft last so long is only known to them. Vergne showed his talents again, with Kvyat inheriting the bad luck this time. But jeez, one team on the way backwards is Sauber. They need a serious turn-around!

• 4 weeks later...

oh dear

Ms Wolff only managed 4 laps and has to park the car on track.

I would have liked to seen how she would have handled the pressure.

Sad that Wolff only did 4 laps... she probably didn't get the chance to push at all.

Let's hope it will be a clean race... P1 certainly had too many flags!