Sign-Up @ 94.7 Expo

shaunh

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Thanks to Melanie Walker of Big Rumble' date=' I have been 'given' space at this years expo to create awareness and to raise funds.

So when collecting your number come to stand 65 next to Shimano and say Hello!!!! 
[/quote']

Been there - met the guy behind the signs - made the donation!

Great job Shaun!

over 2 hours to collect numbers for mtb and Sunday, but I didn't see any expo ............. where was it?

over 2 hours to collect numbers for mtb and Sunday' date=' but I didn't see any expo ............. where was it?

[/quote']

You not serious??

as I walked in there was a litle stand on the left then a kids registration thing then the solid wall of people all trying to get numbers, timing chips, but nothing that hinted of an expo - where was it?

I read the guy my number (it was an sms) at registration, he checked the nmber on my cell phone  and 5 min later came back telling me it wasn't there and he'd call the supervisor. Eventually he came back saying I had to go to the queries desk because my number was wrong.  He checked the number again but said that's what he had.

After a wait of about 40 min I get to the queries desk and hand the girl the piece of paper my number had been written down on at the registration desk, she checks on the computer, writes down the number and hands me the piece of paper.  I look and it has an extra 2 comapred to the number that the fidiot had written down - and supposedly checked .... I dn't think he can count.

So off I went, back to the queue!!! GRRRRRR GRRRRR GRRRRR

If this is what I have to go through to do a 94,7 it will be my first and last

if you have ever worked at a registration of a big event like this you will realise that its very easy to make mistakes in the beginning, we are, after all, human.Wink  The guy was probably a volunteer who has never done this type of thing before...

Its day 1 - give them a break - get into the spirit of things instead of moaning... save your energy for your race - or better still, volunteer to help with the registration of a big event like this one, and then we talk again...Embarrassed

Hey Shaunh, I hope all is going great there!  Please leave some merchandise for us KZN hubbers to buy

Andrewbell - I'll gladly take your wallet with and buy some safety vests for you when you ride in the mist in Winston Park...

what do we need to take with to registration' date=' is Race No enough?[/quote']

You should take last year's race no. & original safety pins with you for ID;

1 bottle for every 30mins you expect to queue;

A bomb in case your Nike Airs get a flat from a drawing pin on the floor;

Spare tube (of Smarties)

& put yellow lens in your shades cos it's not bright in there.

smiley4.gif

Bored on Thursday?

....could be

You should take last year's race no. & original safety pins with you for ID; Check

1 bottle for every 30mins you expect to queue; Check

A bomb in case your Nike Airs get a flat from a drawing pin on the floor; Check

Spare tube (of Smarties) check

& put yellow lens in your shades cos it's not bright in there. check

hey wait a minute no water bottles needed, Licenced have there own tables with no queues....wooohooo

Unhappybut have to wait in other queue as well, friend going with tomorrow.

Registered then picked up the Nov issue of cycling new's and read interesting article on some of SA's top execs that cycle, including one Peter Ellis from Macsteel.

oi,,, you forgot your wallet.

You need your wallet as you NEED to go and buy some goodies from Shaunh!! 

dont you dare come to durbs in the holidays without at least a safety vest FF........!!

Registered then picked up the Nov issue of cycling new's and read interesting article on some of SA's top execs that cycle, including one Peter Ellis from Macsteel.

i wonder who that can be smiley4.gif

Registered then picked up the Nov issue of cycling new's and read interesting article on some of SA's top execs that cycle' date=' including one Peter Ellis from Macsteel. [/quote']

I'm sure he's a great guy, Sherlock smiley4.gif