My LBS Black List

An3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True Slowbee, you must have been busy typing your reply ... see my previous reply ;)

i still use one finger to tpye

I go to a well known grocery store close to my house, I buy groceries every week so at the end of the month I spend a few ZAR there. After a while I ask if I can get a cash discount, she looked at me funny and laughed. Went to the store manager asked him about getting discount because I am loyal and spend a lot of money at his store...I got a weird looking face expression. Not good service in my eyes...

• 1 year later...

The shop in the north near a cliff is the worst when it comes to client service the is a group of us that avoid that shop. Linden cycles and westrand cycles are pretty good but not great. Still looking for a great local bike shop

Edited by pwmisa

With regards to Bike shops, I am currently of the opinion that customer service is for ignorant people and for people who do not know where to look for stuff or what do do with it.. :whistling:

I do my research... if someone does not have what I want... i do not mind driving a few km to try someone else... and finding a new gem is sweeeeeeeeet!! - all the pretty shiny stuff :)

I approach all bike shops without expectation... they are just a place to find the stuff I need... but then I got issues! ..and lets face it all people who work there are experienced - and not so experienced - but have no real knowledge except what there experience has taught them...

I get more info from the internet and sometimes I end up educating bike store people about stuff... seriously... and I am not that bright either!! :)

I have to admit... I have learnt more from the guys who work on the bikes than the guys who just ride them and sell them!!

Dont expect these guys to give you the best advice... they will give you the best advice that they have knowing all the facts as you have explained to them...

you can actually see the look in their face when they do not know what they are saying... and thats cool... they are just trying... I do that at work too!

Seriously guys... google is the best source of information if you have a few minutes... for anything...

You will find when you know exactly what you are looking for... all staff will be super helpful!

I go to a well known grocery store close to my house, I buy groceries every week so at the end of the month I spend a few ZAR there. After a while I ask if I can get a cash discount, she looked at me funny and laughed. Went to the store manager asked him about getting discount because I am loyal and spend a lot of money at his store...I got a weird looking face expression. Not good service in my eyes...

Grocery store? Do u mean like a woolies or pnp? I'd be on the flooring with laughter if u asked me for discount. Unless ur a pensioner then maybe.

I totally agree. I've been avoiding going to Cajees.

It seems they're just there to make money off of the cycling industry. They don't know a thing about bikes, and it doesn't bother them in the least. I can't stand that.

I'd rather pay more and go to Finishline or Tour De Frans, but often times these two bikes shops are cheaper than Cajees anyway.

Guest Frail4Life

Reading!

Just got home. Long story another thread!

Guest Frail4Life

Oh, dear. Another one?

How's your broken face?

sore!

Have started eating solid food again, that needs Chewing, steak or chicken. Got stuck eating fish and mash all the time. Cheek is still sore and swollen, another 8 weeks. Not allowed to Yawn!

You?

I actually wrote a letter to a girl, and was catching up on some reading.

I actually wrote a letter to a girl, and was catching up on some reading.

To be honest I'm working but googling Liz sounds so much better......