Have JHB bike shops got too much business?

mark ellis

I been looking at getting one of those bikes with the big wheels for a while and finally decided to just do it.

So I go see a few shops in JHB and discuss a few options with them. I am looking to spend a fair amount of south african ronds on this project, looking at top end stuff.

I asked a few shops to send quotes to me, including a shop in Bloem that built up my S-works. 8pm on Monday night I get call from Hannes at Cyclotech Bloem with prices and he mails me quotes on options, I still have not had a quote or even a call back from a single shop I went to see? and the verbal prices given where all 2-3 grand more just on the frame?

So once again my business goes to a Bloem cycle shop and a JHB shop looses out on a 40K build

I been looking at getting one of those bikes with the big wheels for a while and finally decided to just do it.

So I go see a few shops in JHB and discuss a few options with them. I am looking to spend a fair amount of south african ronds on this project, looking at top end stuff.

I asked a few shops to send quotes to me, including a shop in Bloem that built up my S-works. 8pm on Monday night I get call from Hannes at Cyclotech Bloem with prices and he mails me quotes on options, I still have not had a quote or even a call back from a single shop I went to see? and the verbal prices given where all 2-3 grand more just on the frame?

So once again my business goes to a Bloem cycle shop and a JHB shop looses out on a 40K build

What beast are you getting?

PM Dangle, he's not too busy at the moment ;)

Edited by nathrix™ ®

decided on a niner air9, cant wait now! Kid at christmas feelings! :D

Very nice, carbon too? Crazy that no one in Jozi has bothered to get back to you though. Dangle is a good option, did you try him?

Not good enough.

:o Oops, I stepped right into this one. I think I have pooh underneath my shoe, smell :whistling:

Hat, coat and I'm out of here

There is only three bike shops that EVER phoned me back:

1) Williams bike shop in somerset west

2) Epic Sports in Doornkloof

3) Mike's bikes in JHB

To set the record straight here Dangle did get a price to me, I chose to use a shop I had used before and that gave me a great price and excellent service, so If I offened anybody I appologise.

Dangle is never busy! He is actually not too bad!! :thumbup: I would really recommend him. Use him, abuse him, he can take it and you wont be sorry!

Dangle is never busy! He is actually not too bad!! :thumbup: I would really recommend him. Use him, abuse him, he can take it and you wont be sorry!

Dirty bastard :o