bib choice

pablo

ok, so i started the saddle choice topic and have decided to stick to my saddle for now. it fits my backside really well and on long rides my @ss gets hurt. This, I think, is due to crap bibs.

What bib would you recommend for a rider that weighs 75kg for around R700 each?

In that price range i would go with Indola. Not a big fan of Cape Storm or First Ascent. A little bit more expensive I would look at Giordana. But if you can afford it Assos is the holy grail....worth every penny.

Velotex without doubt far superior fit and padding to First Ascent and Cape Storm.Also in your price range

Velotex without doubt far superior fit and padding to First Ascent and Cape Storm.Also in your price range

+1 Love Velotex bibs.

what range of velotex and indola?

I think its the red label Velotex.Anyway the top of their range.

I did not know Indola made bibs????They do baggies etc

Save the money, buy Assos - wont need to replace it and they are fantastic.

As Balsie points out - they are worth every penny.

With every post you will get another opinion. I will say go for Capestorm Matrix or First Ascent Revolution because they have served me well.

I currently use Assos and Vermarc, and find the Vermarc just as comfortable as the Assos. Still an expensive bib, but great value for money. Can almost buy two Vermarcs for the price of one Assos.

i got a indola enduro with that "3h+" padding for R650. is that a good price? fits really lekker

Yah the The Indola Enduro's are the one and that is a good price. I paid R750-00 for mine.

Use those for training and Assos for racing. With Assos you get what you pay for so the more expensive ones are far more superior.

There was a guy on the Hub before the Argus, selling corporate branded gear. He had Indola Enduro bibs for R580.

Does anyone know who he is and whether this deal is still available.

How are the Panda bibs nowadays - saw some of them at the J2C last year and they seemed pretty good - I was especially impressed by the chamois...

I was very impressed Cape Storm - and still like them. But when CL opened up above Tiger Valley, they had a sale and I got two Giordana's for under R700 each, think it was R500-range - clueless as to which model. I do all my funrides (I won't call what I do "racing" ;) ) in them now! Super stuff. :thumbup:

But it's a very personal choice.