I GOT AN EPIC EARLY BIRD ENTRY.

Mr. G

R35k just seems insanely expensive to me... Got to give Kevin Vermaak credit for building a good business and brand!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a lot of earlybirds that got the worm here! Anyone try and not get an entry?

Seems like a lot of earlybirds that got the worm here! Anyone try and not get an entry?

For those that didn't get one,there is one for sale in the classifieds ;)

I think 35K is totally insane for an Epic entry. How does he justify increasing the price year on year like this since he also gets heavily sponsored for this Boland camping trip. Logistical costs my foot.Surely the ordinary guy is sponsoring the elite guys.

Since I have not done the epic maybe u guys can help with this question. Has the Epic become nothing more than an event on the middle aged corporate exec tick list of things to do? Also lets not forget to improve the profile of sport has-beens?

If it's something you have always wanted to do, find that partner, as you might not get another entry again. Most hard core riders would consider you extremely lucky.

So your hardcore - partner with him - you can dooooooooooo iiiiiiiit!!!!

I can't help thinking what bike/gear I can by for R34500...

The Epic is overrated for that kinda price.

Isn't it R34 500/ team?

Ja, but still - It will still cost you more than R20k per person!

Either way its a hell of a lot of money. Do the pro's pay to race?

I need some advice from those who know please.

I went through the early bird entry process for the 2012 Epic so that I would know what to do next year when we had decided to enter. To my surprise I got an early bird entry , I sat there for a few minutes stunned.

I called both prospective partners for 2013 and asked if they could possibly do it next year, but alas no luck.

So my question is , should I take the entry of R35400 and find a partner(which I know is a big decision) or just let it go?

Chances are you will find a partner but if not you will probably be able to sell the entry after the lottery closes. A lot of entries change hands this way. Probably easier to have an entry now and part with it later than find one later in the year. Also, if it is your first Epic it is better to know you have the entry and can prepare for the months leading up to the race knowing that you are going to ride. If you take it just prepare properly. There are people who spend all that money and then drop out on day one because they can't cope. That is a waste

Chances are you will find a partner but if not you will probably be able to sell the entry after the lottery closes. A lot of entries change hands this way. Probably easier to have an entry now and part with it later than find one later in the year. Also, if it is your first Epic it is better to know you have the entry and can prepare for the months leading up to the race knowing that you are going to ride. If you take it just prepare properly. There are people who spend all that money and then drop out on day one because they can't cope. That is a waste

How many do you think would drop out after day 1?