Sani2C entry procedure, fair or unfair???

rcc1

I know of a few mates who do it every year and will never let there entry go to waste, for this reason it must certainly be a great race. The race organises have worked out a winning formula that works and makes it sort after, but why no one else has tried to follow the same rounte on a different day or set of different start dates Im puzzeled.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a 50-70% first come first serve system for the previous years entrants and a lottery system for the rest.

You guys are doing it all wrong. My friend got in no problems no waiting list, first time rider, didnt even enter. How did he do it................he bought a new Subaru, problem solved.:clap: Just buy a new Subaru and trade it in after the race, you'll be in then.:clap:

There are a thousand ways to solve this problem. They seem to lack imagination.

You accuse them of a lack of imagination. I suggest you do a little homework on just how imaginative these farmers are. If this entry procedure was actually as problematic as those who fail to score claim, they would solve it - which, even with their lack of imagination, they did in a big way with the Adventure. Hey, are these he same unimaginative bumpkins who built a second, parallel singletrack, so the capable riders could have fun while the roadies made idjits of themselves?

I don't get the need for them to make a plan here, to be honest. Why should they bust a gut to make it accessible to the people who cant get an entry, at the expense of those that can, and possibly at the expense of doing what Farmer Glen and his mates do best, put on a damned good event?

I think the way they run it now works just fine - sometime we just have to accept we can't have everything we want.

PS - patiently on the waiting list. Have been for a while. not holding my breath.

Berg & Bush has the opposite approach. Entries open early for those who HAVE NOT done it before. That way it doesn't always have the same old crowd doing it year after year.

I am a bit sad cause we did it last year and it is an amazing race, right up there with S2C, but dems da breaks.

I'm in for 2011 adventure, with a rider doing his second one - I have not done it before.

It is a good business model for the organizers - very little advertizing and admin, sell-out to repeat customers. From that perspective it makes sense.

From a mtb newbie or kid getting into the sport's perspective, but for who the Epic is just too hardcore, it is unfair. They could spend years on the list.

A max of 2 consecutive repeats per rider would be better imo.

Use the "Adventure" as an open entry procedure where riders obtain entries on a lottery system

Use the "Race" to attract the loyal supporters of the event.

Fill up the "Race" first and then open the "Adventure" for open lottery entries.

it's a hippie event and not just about being the fastest, this system would reward racing snakes - the sani2c is what it is because they cater for people like me too.

i got my entry a few years ago with patiently hitting 'refresh' every few seconds ... did the nonstop 2 years ago so that my adventure-racing-buddies could get a spot on sani2c last year. (due to joburg2c there was no nonstop last year)

you could also experience the sani2c tracks by doing joburg2c (with some awesome berg &bush, and some tufties for good measure)

i asked wappa last year at joberg2c about sani2c route - there were plans to open the route as a 'touring' trail, but there were some logistical issues.

Have a 50-70% first come first serve system for the previous years entrants and a lottery system for the rest.

And how do you suggest who they choose who gets in for that 50-70% return riders?

Hopefully Nonstop is on again this year ;)

I second that. plus Transbaviaans and Desert Dash will make excelent year!

I second that. plus Transbaviaans and Desert Dash will make excelent year!

i need your job !

You guys are doing it all wrong. My friend got in no problems no waiting list, first time rider, didnt even enter. How did he do it................he bought a new Subaru, problem solved.:clap: Just buy a new Subaru and trade it in after the race, you'll be in then.:clap:

For sure the easiest way to get an entry.

From a mtb newbie or kid getting into the sport's perspective, but for who the Epic is just too hardcore, it is unfair. They could spend years on the list.

Thankfully we live in a country that is littered with MTB stage races, it isn't like Sani and Epic are the only two.

buy a subary, you say? that makes it far more expensive than epic...

all that said, can not wait for the 19th and see what all this fus is about. :)

They should maybe make the last 30 teams give up their entries. Remember they have changed a few things and they might just change this system next year. This year they bought down the numbers.

I just want to do the day 2 single track that we missed last year.