Correct wheel diameter for Polar Speed sensor

Lukep

I have a polar and use it on my MTB and Road bike

the wheel diameter I have set are

MTB 2100mm

Road bike 2115mm

This was done by rolling the wheel one full rev and then measuring the distance between the start and stop lines,

Do these numbers sound right?

Okay I run 2bar as well, I run race King back and XDX upfront.

I have updated the diameter

Thanks

Now for the road bike

700ccx23 8,5 bar

easiest, inflate to right pressure, put the wheel on the floor with valve perpendicular to the floor and make a mark on the floor, sit on the bike and push forward one rotation in a staight line. make another mark. measure it, thats your diameter.

my garmin calibrates my speed sensor based on gps and depending on which stretch of road its done, it varies between 2050 and 2100. I then did some time trials a few weeks ago on a computrainer and my computer always hit 40km before the computrainer did. That means the circumference is even smaller. ???

I now just leave it to recalibrate every time I start riding but the margin of error is quite small over a large distance. maybe a few km's over 1000km.

For Conti GP4000/Gatorskins 2096 at 110psi is pretty accuarate when tested on a distance of 100km's.

For MTB I have used 2043 for Crossmaks 2.2's

On the road bike I calibrate by using the road chainage posts on a national road (Blue sign white writing every 200 metre) once I have set the diamenter to closest (2068 on 622 x 22) The posts are usually accurate to 1 metre but measure horizontal distance not slope distance so use a flat road. Use a 10 or 20 km piece of road.

• 4 months later...

HiJack on!

I have just bought a simple cateye computer and the tire size chart does not have the 26 x 2.2 size. It has the 26 x 2.125 and then goes on to 26 x 2.35. So i did a little interpolation and calculated that the L(mm) should be 2074.

Is anyone else out there running conti race king 2.2 that can tell me if that is correct.

Hijack off...

Not sure if I missed the post, but what about a 29er MTB with 2.1" tyres run at 2bar. Most accurate still to roll it out?

On the road bike I calibrate by using the road chainage posts on a national road (Blue sign white writing every 200 metre) once I have set the diamenter to closest (2068 on 622 x 22) The posts are usually accurate to 1 metre but measure horizontal distance not slope distance so use a flat road. Use a 10 or 20 km piece of road.

assuming you can ride in a dead straight line

HiJack on!

I have just bought a simple cateye computer and the tire size chart does not have the 26 x 2.2 size. It has the 26 x 2.125 and then goes on to 26 x 2.35. So i did a little interpolation and calculated that the L(mm) should be 2074.

Is anyone else out there running conti race king 2.2 that can tell me if that is correct.

Hijack off...

bump