Wednesday Morning Table Mountain Ride

Hairy

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What route do you guys do from the Mem'? I'm based pretty near Rhodes and want to get some more morning rides in / have a look around this part of the mtn. Might be nice to ride through with you guys, coffee up and solo back home.

What's the average speed?

What route do you guys do from the Mem'? I'm based pretty near Rhodes and want to get some more morning rides in / have a look around this part of the mtn. Might be nice to ride through with you guys, coffee up and solo back home.

What's the average speed?

A bunch normally meet at the Civic centre at 6:10 and ride up to Chelmsford rd in Vredehoek to meet more at 6:30. There are sometimes a few that come from the Rhodes side but not every week. When I come from Rhodes we meet at the cattle grid gate at 6:20, ride through and meet the rest at about 6:50 at the start of the main climb to the block house.

The pace is variable. Some race snakes and other more reasonable people. You need to be able to climb. The ride isnt very long, only about 19kms but you do gain over 600m in a fairly short distance. The bunch wait at key points.

Its good fun and a nice bunch of guys and a few girls. Another option to consider is joining the Table Mountain Bikers Thursday evening ride from Kloof street to the blockhouse and back. the pace tends to be fast.

You need a light for both rides

A bunch normally meet at the Civic centre at 6:10 and ride up to Chelmsford rd in Vredehoek to meet more at 6:30. There are sometimes a few that come from the Rhodes side but not every week. When I come from Rhodes we meet at the cattle grid gate at 6:20, ride through and meet the rest at about 6:50 at the start of the main climb to the block house.

The pace is variable. Some race snakes and other more reasonable people. You need to be able to climb. The ride isnt very long, only about 19kms but you do gain over 600m in a fairly short distance. The bunch wait at key points.

Its good fun and a nice bunch of guys and a few girls. Another option to consider is joining the Table Mountain Bikers Thursday evening ride from Kloof street to the blockhouse and back. the pace tends to be fast.

Legend, thanks buddy.

does the group have a whatsapp group that one could communicate via and arrange with other riders a meeting point/s along the route? just a thought :whistling:

does the group have a whatsapp group that one could communicate via and arrange with other riders a meeting point/s along the route? just a thought :whistling:

There is a very active group Mr White .... but you do need to first come ride with us so that I can accertain if you are not some sicko stalker who will be following us around and never pitching for rides .... you know ... like that Nico guy that used to ride the mountain with us, but now lives in Paarl, but is still on the group :)

Come ride with us and get me to put you onto the group ... we talk lots of K@K and also use this to finalise times, who to wait for etc ....

Hey, Hey!!!! I refer you to the bit in RED. Don't scare people off. When we're by ourselves (the core group), we tend to pick up the pace a bit. When we have "visitors", we put a sweeper in place to stay with the slower riders.

A couple weeks ago I was pushing a nice young lady up the mountain and waited with her while the rest went to the Blockhouse.

It's a social ride and we stop along the way, depending on who is with us.

Beers and something to eat at Cocoa Oola.

6:30pm start from the corner of Kloof & Ivy Street.

• 4 weeks later...

Ride this morning must have been awesome! Hoping to join you guys next week if all goes well :thumbup:

Gents a bud of mine, lost he's Samsung Galaxy S3 on the mountain this morning, he came over with me from Rhodes till the tafelberg split, then turned around and went down towards Vredehoek side. Let me know if you guys see or hear anything.

Thanks!

Hey, Hey!!!! I refer you to the bit in RED. Don't scare people off. When we're by ourselves (the core group), we tend to pick up the pace a bit. When we have "visitors", we put a sweeper in place to stay with the slower riders.

A couple weeks ago I was pushing a nice young lady up the mountain and waited with her while the rest went to the Blockhouse.

It's a social ride and we stop along the way, depending on who is with us.

Beers and something to eat at Cocoa Oola.

6:30pm start from the corner of Kloof & Ivy Street.

:whistling:

You coming tonight?

Yes - also bringing a mate and will stay for beer and possibly first half of the footie. Also got some velokaya donation stuff. See you then

Glad you made it last night.

I started new night ride topic in the group rides forum. You'll notice I have made a change to the format which you might appreciate.

is there anyone who heads back to Rhodes Memorial Gate after the ride?

Edited by gwhite