2012 XT

AndreZA

Might look nice but shimano does not hold a candle to sram when it comes to performence

Please explain further?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with this groupset! XT gets XTR looks. Recently fitted XTR 2 x 10 on my new ride, and can't get enough of the performance and precision of the shifting, and the power of the brakes. If this new group is anything similar at a better price point, it could be the ultimate gruppo for mtbikers.

So you would recommend these XT brakes? Been looking at these for an upgrade :drool:

Might look nice but shimano does not hold a candle to sram when it comes to performence

Personal choice. The same way I can not getting a liking in Megan Fox.

Can I have butter with my popcorn please?

So you would recommend these XT brakes? Been looking at these for an upgrade :drool:

I've got the current XT brakes on my one ride and the new XTR on the other one. XT is great, but the new XTR is awesome. If the new XT is similar to XTR, I will highly recomment it.

I currently have the XO groupset on my zula

XO shifters

XO rear dr

Elixir CR brakes with matchmakers

PG990 redwin cassette

Truvativ Noir cranks

And on my training bike(the greenmachine) full XT...except the crank

XT Shifters

XT rear dr

XT brakes

XT cassette

SLX crank

For realibility/maintenance/hardiness/price XT wins, for bling XO wins, what is important to you?

PS I hate the Noir cranks, and not fond of the Elixir CR brakes, prefer the XT ones.

Edited by rouxtjie

In Your Humble Opinion - of course.

I currently have the XO groupset on my zula

XO shifters

XO rear dr

Elixir CR brakes with matchmakers

PG990 redwin cassette

Truvativ Noir cranks

And on my training bike(the greenmachine) full XT...except the crank

XT Shifters

XT rear dr

XT brakes

XT cassette

SLX crank

For realibility/maintenance/hardiness/price XT wins, for bling XO wins, what is important to you?

PS I hate the Noir cranks, and not fond of the Elixir CR brakes, prefer the XT ones.

Thank you for your unbiased and factual opinions sir. :thumbup:

Thank you for your unbiased and factual opinions sir. :thumbup:

Heheheh dont get me started on chains...lube and 26 vs 29er... :D

Jaco just how did you come to this scientific conclusion, was it from sram's ultra difficult to bleed and un-reliable, fading avid brakes?

Read Drongos post , and see if the sram is less reliable how can you have better performance?

I have sram X0 9speed and it is no better than XT!

Edited by Mr. G

cant comment on the XT brakes but the XTR brakes are the best I have used...

Agreed - the 2011 XTR brakes are phenomenal - in my first race on the new bike I almost face planted into the first corner when I applied my "normal" amount of braking pressure...feather touch they are with awesome modulation.

Gotta love trickle down technology - 2012 XT looks like 2011 XTR - bring on the affordable firepower!