26er

:thumbup:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MAMPARA !!

Be those some sort of cooling fins on the calipers?

(All I can imagine, other than nice *** collectors.)

Personal choice. The same way I can not getting a liking in Megan Fox.

There is something very wrong with you!!!

MAMPARA !!

Be those some sort of cooling fins on the calipers?

(All I can imagine, other than nice *** collectors.)

Yes they are and are removable (if they build this on the new XTR design). It will be used mainly for trail and free riding.

Yes they are and are removable (if they build this on the new XTR design). It will be used mainly for trail and free riding.

Schaweet.

That with the new 'cooler' rotors, and mineral oil!

Can't be beaten - move over Avid bling.

Don't they do a Trail & XC version :unsure:

Please explain further?

Well i use to have XTR and had lots of issues. If it rains outside i allready have shifting problems before i leave the house. Changed to X0 and in 2 years never once had a issue. Its crisp, direct and a dream. I also should add that shimano probably has the worst customer service. Snapped a front derailer once and had to bye a XT because i waited 3 F..... MONTHS to get a new one from them. None of my bikes will see Shimano again

Ridden XTR, XT, SRAM X0 and X9 at various times and quite frankly in terms of FD/RD shifting, all are comparable (inlcuding triggers and twistgrip on both). Generally I dont fork out the cash for clusters and chains as I tend to find that LX clusters work equally well as an XTR one but cost a fraction of the price.

Brakes however are a more personal choice - I have a set of 3 year old formula R1's which are transferred between bikes whenever they are bought and sold! Best brakes by far on the market with excellent stopping power, modulation and pad wear.

Well i use to have XTR and had lots of issues. If it rains outside i allready have shifting problems before i leave the house. Changed to X0 and in 2 years never once had a issue. Its crisp, direct and a dream. I also should add that shimano probably has the worst customer service. Snapped a front derailer once and had to bye a XT because i waited 3 F..... MONTHS to get a new one from them. None of my bikes will see Shimano again

Perhaps your shifters had arthritis.

Like my gran - she can tell when its going to rain by how sore he knee is.

Interesting... I had full XO & Avid brakes on my previous bike for just over a year and on my new steed I have a combo of XT & XTR which I rate as superior in every aspect. I guess it just comes down to personal experience. PS: I buy everything from Chris Jnr at CWC so customer service is equally great for SRAM and Shimano.

I stand by this, XO = bling, XT = reliable...and I have both.

Price point wise XT is as good as it gets imo, it's light enough, strong enough, performs well enough, and not stupid expensive.