Swimming at Linden public pool Randburg

Seeker911

Really glad I found this thread, I've registered for the Ironman 70.3 but haven't really done much swimming before, only running and cycling. It's a shame about the Linden swimming pool but the Ellis Park pool looks like it's well maintained. Does anybody know what times the Ellis Park swimming pool is open? I've been Googling it but not finding anything.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really glad I found this thread, I've registered for the Ironman 70.3 but haven't really done much swimming before, only running and cycling. It's a shame about the Linden swimming pool but the Ellis Park pool looks like it's well maintained. Does anybody know what times the Ellis Park swimming pool is open? I've been Googling it but not finding anything.

I dont know the times, but maybe give Roy a call and ask him.

I know his group is currently swimming there so he should know. Number posted earlier in this thread

... the Ellis Park pool looks like it's well maintained. Does anybody know what times the Ellis Park swimming pool is open? I've been Googling it but not finding anything.

I visited the Ellis Park pool about two years ago - very well kept, and I know guys who were swimming there until recently. Not sure of the 'day visitor' times, but I was told that with the purchase of a season entry (6 months, think it was about R300) you could enter 24 hours a day - just show the guard the season entry and he lets you in.

Thanks Azi and travisza, I phoned Richard Reeder who runs the Ellis park swimming pool.

He said the new season starts in September and so it would be a waste to get a season ticket before then, I'll just have to try and go during the regular opening times (07:00-18:00) until then.

Just come back from Virgin Active Randburg, my 2nd swim of the winter season, must say cant fault the facilities its really great to train in a top class facility. Spent an hour in the pool, 30 mins on a bike and another 30 mins on the treadmill. Cant possibly ever imagine why I went to Linden in the first place.

looks like my jhb visit tom has changed slightly and I now have saturday and sunday free. I was thinking maybe I should find some open water venues around JHB I could swim in. Are there any places around jhb for good open water swimming and is there anyone keen for a swim perhaps?

so i had the best intentions of maximising my time in jhb and doing some distance. I swam 5km on sat and 4km on sunday. Then walking back to the chaging room at the gym after the sunday swim I slipped and fell down 4 steps to the room. Now I have 4 staples in the back of my head and the doctor has told me to stay out of the pool..... seriously sucks.

OK, peepz, believe it or not, the Linden pool is open.

Swam there this morning, but i must say the water was not as warm as it should have been...

But nonetheless, the gates are open, that's something I guess.

Opening hours weekday mornings until end August is 7am, from September 6am.

OK, peepz, believe it or not, the Linden pool is open.

Swam there this morning, but i must say the water was not as warm as it should have been...

But nonetheless, the gates are open, that's something I guess.

Opening hours weekday mornings until end August is 7am, from September 6am.

Swam at Saint's on Saturday. Not my longest set. Water was FREEZING. Did a main set of 1 x 50m. No warm up. Cool down not neccesary.

Guess the gym will be seeing me in the pool for a few more weeks at least

must say I am getting pretty bored of the gym pool. but with out a wetsuit I'm going to freeze at any outdoor spot.

at least the staples come out today.

Thanks for the update StevieL! Good to know that swimming training can commence again :)

Are the weekday closing times the same? (used to be 6pm)

Thanks for the update StevieL! Good to know that swimming training can commence again :)

Are the weekday closing times the same? (used to be 6pm)

:thumbup:

Monday - Friday closing times are 18h45.

:thumbup:

Monday - Friday closing times are 18h45.

Is the pool open on weekends? And any idea on times if it is?

Archived