Prizes from cycling magazine not recieved

Cippo

This reminds me slightly of the sums thread

Seems like we went from magazine competitions to telephone sales. The problem is actually that I wrote a a letter to a well known magazine and the letter was published and after numerous emails and fone calls I am stil waiting months later to recieve my sunglasses. Is there anyone else that has had the same problem.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like we went from magazine competitions to telephone sales. The problem is actually that I wrote a a letter to a well known magazine and the letter was published and after numerous emails and fone calls I am stil waiting months later to recieve my sunglasses. Is there anyone else that has had the same problem.

Come on, stop keeping me in suspense. Time to name the publication :thumbup:

Another option is post your complaint on Hello Peter. Often gets people to jump when they see the complaint posted online for all the world to see...

Well this is the hub, I've noticed things do tend to become side tracked very easily here lol.

but the point you actually brought up is valid, i have wondered if they actually give out those prizes for people who write in.

Bicycling does offer sunglasses as a prize for the "letter of the month" Not every letter that is published wins a pair of glasses. Was yours the "letter of the month"?

A guy at work just keeps saying 'yes' to every question. That's what every sales guy wants to hear so they get all excited and start taking down details but when you give them first name 'yes', surname 'yes, etc. they get a bit frustrated. Then when they ask 'Can you understand me?' or 'Do you speak english?' you say 'yes' again and the fun start all over.

For extra fun put them on speaker and let the whole office listen in :)

Bicycling does offer sunglasses as a prize for the "letter of the month" Not every letter that is published wins a pair of glasses. Was yours the "letter of the month"?

Yes the letter in question was a winning letter. Im waiting patiently

I just hope I do not have such trouble next week when I win the Pivot from Tread.

Dream on, bwah ha ha :lol:

I hope you get some clarity on the issue.

On a side note, anyone seen the interview with Brendan Venter a couple of weeks back. Absolute classic.

Talking about Bicycling.........does anybody have a telephone number for me. I tried emailing, but got no reply, tried phoning the number in the mag, but wasn't answered.

Talking about Bicycling.........does anybody have a telephone number for me. I tried emailing, but got no reply, tried phoning the number in the mag, but wasn't answered.

Try 021 4083800

I got the winning reader tip last year some time, no prize. emailed like 5 times no reply...even tried the editors email. So i guess no one really gets the prize? really needed those shoes ! :angry:

Edited by G-funk

If you have done all that you can to contact them and get clarity on the matter, then name and shame them where ever you can.

Are they a company that respond on Hello Peter?I would say that I will never buy another Bicycling magazine again in your honor,but after a couple of negative but true posts on The Hub previously about them I stopped long ago.

I got a pair of shimano mtb shoes from one of our local mags for sending in the prizewinning tip. i won't mention the names, but if it was in afrikaans it would be called 'fietsry'.

shoes came promptly, this was after I went to cyclelab to check the size. funny thing was that mighty mouse was selling them for a bit more than the mag said they were worth. they fitted great, i told the sales guy, "they're a bit pricey, so i'll think about it"