My buddy wants to buy a Dual MTB - sorted thanks

Brakkies Sport Fotos

For that kind of money I dont want a "me too" bike

Ibis Mojo SL would be at the top of my list...

I hear you on that one Rouxtjie...

As light and fancy as the top end Scotts are... for that kinda money the Scott name seems kinda 'common'

*put on fireman outfit to prepare for the flaming*

but yeah... I see it the same as with flashy cars. Quite a few guys in the suburb I work in drive R1m+ sports cars. most of those are Porsche 911s, quite a few Gallardos (Clarkson once said that guys who drive Lambo's arethe type to wear male thongs, haha)... even Astons are becoming 'less rare'... but a Maseratti... now THAT is class! May not be the fastest or most expensive, but it just eminates sophistication...

so back to the topic... for 40-50k (and you're not a pro)... Scott, Giant, Trek, Merida... even Spesh... out!

Go for something stylish...

Santa Cruz, Morewood, Ibis, Yeti

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As light and fancy as the top end Scotts are... for that kinda money the Scott name seems kinda 'common'

but yeah... I see it the same as with flashy cars. Quite a few guys in the suburb I work in drive R1m+ sports cars. most of those are Porsche 911s, quite a few Gallardos (Clarkson once said that guys who drive Lambo's arethe type to wear male thongs, haha)... even Astons are becoming 'less rare'... but a Maseratti... now THAT is class! May not be the fastest or most expensive, but it just eminates sophistication...

so back to the topic... for 40-50k (and you're not a pro)... Scott, Giant, Trek, Merida... even Spesh... out!

+100.

Next to thishttp://www.gtspirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/paris_2010_maserati_granturismo_mc_stradale.jpgeven a 430 or an enzo looks kinda hum-drum.

Ah bloody men, not only do these bikes make you stand out from the crowd, they might not be as light as cannondale/scot/spez. But there is no comparison when it comes to ride quality and technical ability. The geomitry design and craftmanship are miles above anything the more common brands can produce.

Lambo = New money

Maserati = Old money

Maybach = Stupid money

Hummer - Drug money

:D

I suggest spending R38 000 on the bike and R2 000 on a good grammar and spelling course. :lol:

Not cool man!When people correct spelling or grammar on a forum or a social network it really pisses me off :angry:

The only thing this does is chase people away and make people not want to post and build the community! Being a English speaking person I don't want to speak in Afrikaans because I am most of the time laughed at because I cant speak it,its the same concept.

He did not listen to me, he gt the Anthem 29'er

Silver /blue one

Whats wrong with an anthem 29'er?

Not cool man!When people correct spelling or grammar on a forum or a social network it really pisses me off :angry:

The only thing this does is chase people away and make people not want to post and build the community! Being a English speaking person I don't want to speak in Afrikaans because I am most of the time laughed at because I cant speak it,its the same concept.

Yes Edwin. I AGREE with you. That's what teachers, and your MOM are for, hey!?

BTW By The Way, Edwin, you are AN English speaking person, not A English speaking person.

Social networking, SMS, and Twitter are NOT ways to BUILD a community. They are in fact methods by which the English Language, Grammar and Spelling are being rapidly bought to nought.

Cheers