What a nice birthday present/STOLEN BIKES RANDPARK RIDGE

Cg_S

hi hubbers

I woke up yesterday morning after being in our so called new home in Randpark ridge for 2 days to find my bikes stolen

PLEASE be on the look-out

mongoose menace maroon

scott contessa mtb

raleigh XS malcolm lange white

TT 6000

Bontrager tandem front wheel

Shimano shoes, 2xpairs

and all my sons shoes

all these items were in the garage

post-6513-0-40911100-1303979137.jpg

post-6513-0-24795500-1303979174.jpg

post-6513-0-53222600-1304612966.jpg

Edited by Chaunce

That just sucks :(

Hopefully you get them back soon.Go have a look at pawn shops in your area.

ps Happy birthday :D

Edited by gummibear

Eish man, so sorry. :( Go check out any pawn shops/ 2nd hand dealers and start trawling Gumtree.

Just a quick note, why are people not locking their bikes when at home? It may be a pain in the arse, but seems to be a necessity these days.

Thats really bad :( Not nice to experience after just moving in. Are you insured?

Our bikes sleep in the lounge next to the couch that our male GSD sleeps on. Still not a sure fire way of keeping the bikes safe, but I like to think they dont need to be locked to something :unsure:

Thats really bad :( Not nice to experience after just moving in. Are you insured?

Our bikes sleep in the lounge next to the couch that our male GSD sleeps on. Still not a sure fire way of keeping the bikes safe, but I like to think they dont need to be locked to something :unsure:

Thats where your'e wrong, Even though my bikes are all inside( 3of them) they are all chained together. They would require a lot of time or have a blow torch with them to get the bikes.

Thats where your'e wrong, Even though my bikes are all inside( 3of them) they are all chained together. They would require a lot of time or have a blow torch with them to get the bikes.

I cant be bothered with that. I often grab a bike and go around the block and having them chained would make it a hassle to grab and go. If they can get into the house for the bikes, after getting over an alarmed electric fence and roboguard beams, then they are welcome to the lot of them (two road, two mtb). By that point my interest would me in keeping us and the animals safe, sod the bikes :blink:

Although i would hope the insurance pay out.

Do you chain them just to each other, or to something else as well?

I cant be bothered with that. I often grab a bike and go around the block and having them chained would make it a hassle to grab and go. If they can get into the house for the bikes, after getting over an alarmed electric fence and roboguard beams, then they are welcome to the lot of them (two road, two mtb). By that point my interest would me in keeping us and the animals safe, sod the bikes :blink:

Although i would hope the insurance pay out.

Do you chain them just to each other, or to something else as well?

All to each other, Im not taking any chances, the chains are all top level and cost me about a grand each( I have three). It takes me all of 30 secs to unlock them all.

You might find insurance companies may start implimenting this as a pre-requisite to payout. I know my mate didnt get a payout recently cause his bike was not locked in his courtyard, in his property within a gated complex & alarms.

Sounds dodgy that you move in and your expensive equipment goes missing a few days later?

damn! My friends house got clearled last year september on his bday...they took his 42" HD TV, Xbox and PS3....all games...surround sound, dvds, his brand new build i7 PC, 3 monitors..sad thing no insurance....lost about R120k....that was in a secure upmarket complex!

Hope you find it!!

Sounds dodgy that you move in and your expensive equipment goes missing a few days later?

Thats what I'm thinking - Something rotten in the state of Ridgepark

Eish man, so sorry. :( Go check out any pawn shops/ 2nd hand dealers and start trawling Gumtree.

Just a quick note, why are people not locking their bikes when at home? It may be a pain in the arse, but seems to be a necessity these days.

Looks like bicycles hanging/standing loose in a garage is quite common. Lock them up.

I recently had my dad built racks from which the bicyles rest on the top tubes, and bought two cable locks, wheels frame, everything is locked. No one's gonna take my bikes easily...

Jeez you are presumptuous lot .... casting aspertions like that :thumbdown:

Got to start some where ;)