• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

RB you are right about the temp of absolute Zero but The laws of thermodynamics state that absolute zero cannot be reached using only thermodynamic means, thats why i said that its very very close to absolute zero so theoretically -269 could be the coldest they can get Helium using normal thermodynamic means

You are right sir. It is a bit more involved getting it there. Getting the helium into the magnet when that thing is at room temperature is another story.

It takes 400 liters of gas to make 1 liter of liquid.

You are right sir. It is a bit more involved getting it there. Getting the helium into the magnet when that thing is at room temperature is another story.

It takes 400 liters of gas to make 1 liter of liquid.

my *** that's a helluva conversion rate (or lack thereof)!!!

The qc on the conversion process must be helluva high to enable it to convert without too much loss... Efficiency se gat, is what I say...

my *** that's a helluva conversion rate (or lack thereof)!!!

The qc on the conversion process must be helluva high to enable it to convert without too much loss... Efficiency se gat, is what I say...

Think of this: A magnet can hold between 1000 and 3000 liters of helium. Imagine the pressure build up if the helium starts boiling! Do the math - it scares me sometimes.

There is a clip on youtube about a magnet blowing up - ice blocked the vent ports and the pressure had no where to go. Gooooooooood bye!

Footnote: The chances of a magnet blowing up are really slim these days. It has more features than a remote...or a woman....

Edited by MJ loves MTB

Think of this: A magnet can hold between 1000 and 3000 liters of helium. Imagine the pressure build up if the helium starts boiling! Do the math - it scares me sometimes.

There is a clip on youtube about a magnet blowing up - ice blocked the vent ports and the pressure had no where to go. Gooooooooood bye!

Footnote: The chances of a magnet blowing up are really slim these days. It has more features than a remote...or a woman....

In its liquid form?!

Bu-byyyyyyyeeeeeee!

That's frikkin scary. I didn't get far enough in engineering to start doing the endo / exothermic reactions or any sort of conversions, but I can imagine that shoudl be summed up by one (final) word, if/when it should happen...

Fu.. (speech ends due to vaporization)

Edited by cptmayhem

Jesus died for my sins. I figure, it's best to not let him die in vain. I sin as much as possible.

One cant help feeling sorry for you, you are so lost and seeking the the true way. I'm sure you will respond with something who knows what to avoid the point, but know, there still is hope for you.

One cant help feeling sorry for you, you are so lost and seeking the the true way. I'm sure you will respond with something who knows what to avoid the point, but know, there still is hope for you.

A Garmin will help with that :thumbup:

A Garmin will help with that :thumbup:

I actually wanted to put that part in that somebody will mention a Garmin, but there is somthing much better and true.