• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/moments-of-beauty-13.jpg?w=500&h=339

Going fast offshore.........with lots of screaming (engines/rigging) banging (hull on water) groaning (of every joint) up & down (the swells) in & out (the troughs)......what were you saying about girls again?

i'd rather have the girls.

I give up, wtflip is happening here?

In June 1982, Columbia Helicopters was hired by the US Marine Corp to participate in a test on Alaska's North Slope. The purpose of this test was to evaluate the ability of a helicopter - the Boeing Vertol 107-II - to tow a fully-loaded hover barge over water, snow and ice.

This first test was run around Prudhoe Bay with an empty barge, and was successful. During this and subsequent tests, the aircraft often flew with a nose-down angle approaching 25 degrees. Next, ACT-100 was loaded with 40 tons of cargo for another close-in test run. Once more, the helicopter showed it could move the barge despite the additional weight. The final aspect of the test was to tow the hover barge over a 50-mile course to a drill site named Alaska Island where the marines had just completed the acquisition of an arctic training facility.

these aircraft have been in service since the 80's and are being replaced by the V22 Osperey

http://www.history.navy.mil/planes/v-22.jpg

Edited by Jaguar Shark