Two cyclists knocked down on Wierda road by Porsche

quinton

Anyone know if the two cyclist knocked down on Wierda road survived the accident?? Just saw the black porsche damaged and two broken bicycles next to the road.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode past on the way to Zwartkops - lots of SAPS , I saw 1 Orange bike and pieces of another. The car involved looks like a Porsche Cayene - bad news .

I saw some guys taking video and photo footage. I think the outcome for both of them is going to bad news for someone waiting for their loved ones to get home for lunch.

I agree - I went past at about 10 and past again at 12:30 and the SAPS were still there - they would not stick around if the injuries were minor.

Just confirmed with te SAPS that 2 cyclists were involved in an accident with a black Porche Cheyenne.

One cyclist was killed, and the other was seriously injured.

Our heartfelt sympathy and condolences to the family of the cyclist that was killed, and a speedy recovery to the cyclist that was injured.

Edited by pezulu

Just stopped there and saw all the blood. They took a really hard knock! Pieces of the rear cluster lying around and broken bicycle lights. One of their water bottles is still there. RIP fellow cyclist.

Jeez every week on the Hub there is a new topic with some poor cyclists bust up or slaughtered by vehicles on the road?

What's up with this?

:(

Where about on Wierda road did this horrible thing happened? RIP dear cyclist,condolences to the family.

Yes my Friends, it is sick !! :thumbdown: This morning in Kibler Park, at the robots with Peggyvera and Swartkoppies, a fellow cyclist was also knocked down. Praise the Lord he only suffered an injury to his ankle. To the family in the north loosing a loved one we lift you and your friends up in prayer.May he rest in peace. :(

We need roadie bike parks, I love riding on the road, but its a lottery every time I get on my bike.

Yes my Friends, it is sick !! :thumbdown: This morning in Kibler Park, at the robots with Peggyvera and Swartkoppies, a fellow cyclist was also knocked down. Praise the Lord he only suffered an injury to his ankle. To the family in the north loosing a loved one we lift you and your friends up in prayer.May he rest in peace. :(

I can't help but think that despite all the accidents involving cars and cyclists that we still pay lip service to our own safety a lot of the time. :blush: Wendell, I ride that route often and I must say that the bunches seldom stop at the traffic lights on Swartkoppies, ride sometimes more than two abreast on the Allewayspoort road and generally lack any meaningful commitment to road rules and own personal safety.

This by no means gives anyone the right to run us over as has been threatened on other threads, and by no stretch of the imagination makes us all wrong. It saddens me that we lose so many cyclists to road accidents and we are not always the ones at fault. :angry:

But we have to remember that in any collision with a motorised vehicle, that we the cyclists are the most vulnerable to injury and death.

RIP departed comrade of the cycling fraternity, courage to the family in their time of grief and full and speedy recovery to the injured fellow cyclist.

I just think that motorists should change their f***kin attitude..the bigger , the more expensive their cars...the K*kker their attitude.

I see it daily ..the d**se with their german sh*t and jap cr*p driving like lunatics while on their cell phones...what gets me is these guys can afford these fancy cars but can't afford a hands free kit...bunch of w*nkers if you ask me... angry.gif

anyway..just got home now .. finished working and I'm gonna go for a ride now while the sun's up in sunny ol'd cape town...hopefully I'll make back...

RIP fellow rider....sad.gif

No "In-Memoriam" thread/Forum/posts/pictures on this website? You gone..you gone? that's it?

@urbanroyal until the facts are available, we cannot condemn motorists or the cyclist involved. I see all to often where cyclists place themselves at risk by breaking the law, I also see motorists ignore the safety of fellow road users (cyclists).

My condolences to the family and friends.