Setting Pre-Ride rules....Wednesday Night rides Tygerberg.

Lounge Lizard

Decided to join a Night ride with the group last night. Really looked forward to a nice 50-60km on a warm beautiful night.

Pre ride discussion as normal - Talk of the past rides where people got dropped and left alone to find their own way. So, the Rules are restated - Stay in a group, look after slower riders, stop at traffic lights blah blah blah.

Front guys start at warm pace going uphill, so I burn it to the front not to get dropped by the rubber band (and to try keep pace down)

Robot = RED - but no problem everybody jumps the light - but I wait and then race like crazy to catch the group again, joined the group and went to the front, - another Robot a few minutes later = RED - no problem -again only me waiting for the light !

This is just after 6pm - lots of traffic - Durbanville road.

Don't these selfish idiots see that the public notice the group, flashing lights and all, as they jump the lights - So, more angry motorists.

I turned off at the next road - I refuse to ride with a bunch of brainless sheep.

The attitude is;... Its a Red Light - so what ?

The front guy jumped the light so I must follow !

I am on a bike, 'waiting' is for these morons in their cars !

Stuff these inconvenient Robots - everyone can see I am important !

I am training ! I am training ! you idiots I can't stop and start like this !

Sh!t, the guys are jumping the red light - I have no b@lls - I won't object !

What ? single file ? these cars can just wait, impatient b@stards - I will drop them at the red light !

Its the law ? - F^ck the Law man - I am training !

Motorist are unhappy ? But Can't they see I am important ?! - I am not a fat slob in a car !

I guess the shop is happy that this group rides under their name.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather take this up with the shop in question and any way if you dont want to jump the traffic light thats your worries. This forum is just going to go hay wire anyway and the mod's are going to delete it. I can see it coming.

But if you are in a big group like these night rides are I would suggest stopping at the traffic lights because it is a bit dangerous if the front guys go through. The problem is that if the front guy jumps through a orange light the rest of the guys have to stop. Where is it going to end then.

Enjoy riding buy your self rather its sometimes safer.

it is always interesting to read how rules are set before a ride, any ride, with any club. Heck even training rides ... they go like this .. okes, today we take it easy, lets stop alot and enjoy a few drinks while out there on the road ... ja, ja, ia everyone says .. great idea, we will stop at the next coffee house.

3 hours later ... who the kakesister started the race so early and missed the coffee stop ?

it is always interesting to read how rules are set before a ride, any ride, with any club. Heck even training rides ... they go like this .. okes, today we take it easy, lets stop alot and enjoy a few drinks while out there on the road ... ja, ja, ia everyone says .. great idea, we will stop at the next coffee house.

3 hours later ... who the kakesister started the race so early and missed the coffee stop ?

:thumbup:

I agree with your views. The same happened when i rode with them last year. The group jumped every red light from the bike shop to Wellington Road and had very little regard for the traffic rules. That was the first and last time i rode with them.

Ooh, ooh, rule no.1 Invite that Baldwin kiddie or whatever his name is.

Cant agree more with you guys. It is a joke without Jnr there. He atleast kept the pace reasonable.

i can assure you - City Cycling Club stop at all red lights on our official club training rides. the only one we might skip is the one in the middle of the Foreshore which is on a timer.

I guess now we all know which wed night ride it was...... very bad for shop's rep. :thumbdown:

It simply indicates poor orginisation / leadership as this seems to be a recurring problem. I seem to get more out of a commute home on Wednesday evenings and back on Thursday mornings than from a bunch of willie waggers wanting to see who's got the biggest one there.

Why are you riding MTB's on the road, on the main road and in town? Wannabee Roadies? :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Why are you riding MTB's on the road, on the main road and in town? Wannabee Roadies? :lol:

Yeah? I wonder too....

About the thread - dudes, please keep it safe and leave machismo at home. Safety First!

Edited by AirBender