Campag Chorus 11 vs Shimano Ultegra?

THE HULK

Non is better then the other. One might be lighter and the other prettier but they still just shift the chain from one gear to the other. The question is what do you want to buy and what is your wallet size.

Without a doubt Chorus. Much lighter, much better looking, but also much more expensive.

Then again, they both do exactly the same thing. So, you have to ask yourself if the lighter weight and looks are worth more than the R4 000 odd price difference.

Also campag spares cost a fortune. An Ultegra cassette will set you back R600 (if you shop wisely) a Chorus cassette comes in at R1 000 (also with wise shopping).

Why not go the Athena route? It comes in at the same price as Ultegra and is not much different to Chorus, except it is 100 or so grams heavier. Spares are still a bitch though

Edited by Eugene

Chorus compares with Dura ace, not Ultegra.

I don't agree. Maybe weight wise yes, but Record and Dura Ace are in the same ball park. Super Record is probably above Dura Ace though.

Mampara is right though, they all do the same thing.

Chorus compares with Dura ace, not Ultegra.

Sorry TNT1 but you wrong.

Athena compares with Dura Ace!!!

CAMPY all the way !!!

Sorry TNT1 but you wrong.

Athena compares with Dura Ace!!!

CAMPY all the way !!!

I was trying to be polite :lol:

Chorus is waaaaay better than dura-ace

I think I gotta agree with this comment.

Maybe should have stated "Campy waaaaay better than Shimano" - LOL! (opening up a can of worms!)

I just did a major upgrade from Shimano Ultegra to Campy Chorus 11 with Super Record Crankset, and I wont go back to Shimano in a very big hurry.

chorus....11 gears vs 10....... 29er vs 26er.....

the bigger/more the better

chorus....11 gears vs 10....... 29er vs 26er.....

the bigger/more the better

Hahaha! - I like the logic.

Screw you guys. This thread made me log on to CRC to see what Campag Record ten speed stuff costs and I went and bought some black skeleton calipers to replace my silver ones. You suck!!!