Are you going to vote on Wednesday?

Big H*

186 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to vote on Wednesday?

• Yes
    • No

Dont you think almost everyone votes for a person or party because they dont like the opposition MJ?

Yes they do. But they shouldn't.

I support the Free State Cheetahs because I like them - not because I hate the Bulls.

I believe that people shoud make informed desicions based upon facts. Problem is that with elections you will get promised a whole new world for your vote. And most of the time it is BS!

If I lived in the western cape, I would have gone and voted today. Because I believe the WC is better off without the ANC.

But here in GP it makes no difference.

Edited by MJ loves MTB

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, but does 500 000 spoilt ballot papers Nationally not sound a bit suspect? Majority being in the Eastern Cape & Gautang.

Edited by Caerus

Is it just me, but does 500 000 spoilt ballot papers in Eastern Cape & Joburg not sound a bit suspect?

Fishy I say, Fishy!!!!

Fishy I say, Fishy!!!!

I met a guy in the que that was an IEC official from the last elections and he was telling me how they caught people spoiling the ballot papers, they slide a piece of pencil lead or pen ink between their fingers and mark the back of the papers so they will be spoilt.

Also how they just bundle a whole lot of opposition papers inside a "folder" of ANC marked ballot papers, then count them all as ANC votes.

So many stories or intimidation, already places where the ANC have lost power the DA followers are being harassed & intimidated.

Is it just me, but does 500 000 spoilt ballot papers in Eastern Cape & Joburg not sound a bit suspect?

Sounds fishy, I am not going to bother standing in a queue on a public holiday just to spoil my vote :o

I was wondering while voting why it isn't all electronic with a paper back up should you need a re-count. My ID wasn't scanned, just my info ticked off on a scruffy piece of paper. What happens if the paper goes missing or a chap spills his tea on it ? How to they recon the votes against voters then ?

mmmm... at least we try !

I was wondering while voting why it isn't all electronic with a paper back up should you need a re-count. My ID wasn't scanned, just my info ticked off on a scruffy piece of paper. What happens if the paper goes missing or a chap spills his tea on it ? How to they recon the votes against voters then ?

One can only wish.

I support the Free State Cheetahs because I like them - not because I hate the Bulls.

I thought that was how the cheetahs got their suporters... :huh:

I thought that was how the cheetahs got their suporters... :huh:

Nah, that's the Sharks you're thinking off. :P

How do they count the votes per party.? Surely its not a manual process with a whole troop of guys going 1,2,3,4,5....??

I dont know anything about the IEC, to me they appear rather secretive, they make all the right noises about checking and validating but as far as I know, no-one has ever actually said "HOW this is done?"

It's not 500 000 just between the two. It's 500 000 across the country, with the most being in those two centres. Stop being a silly conspiracy theorist.

Besides, look at the people around you, your fellow voters. I wouldn't trust them to choose between up and down, I'm frankly shocked that most of them walk upright, and thus, amazed that they knew which way to hold the pen at voting time. I'm surprised the collection of barely sentient morons walking around yesterday didn't spoil more votes, as well as more than just votes.

It's not 500 000 just between the two. It's 500 000 across the country, with the most being in those two centres. Stop being a silly conspiracy theorist.

Besides, look at the people around you, your fellow voters. I wouldn't trust them to choose between up and down, I'm frankly shocked that most of them walk upright, and thus, amazed that they knew which way to hold the pen at voting time. I'm surprised the collection of barely sentient morons walking around yesterday didn't spoil more votes, as well as more than just votes.

I'm sorry :whistling:

How do they count the votes per party.? Surely its not a manual process with a whole troop of guys going 1,2,3,4,5....??

I dont know anything about the IEC, to me they appear rather secretive, they make all the right noises about checking and validating but as far as I know, no-one has ever actually said "HOW this is done?"

This is what got me yesterday, I was under the impression that they did count them 1 at a time, that would take days though and hopefully they can count to 50, so seems its not the way.

I did meet a former IEC official in the line to vote, he was telling me how they seem to bundle papers into stacks, with a few ANC ballots on the top, filled with a DA spead and then a few more ANC ballot papers on the back(kinda like a ballot sandwich), maybe 50 in a stack or something. then they would count the whole lot as 50 ANC votes when their was only maybe 10 in the pile. He also mentioned how they also spoil the ballots.

Not sure if he was just just trying to open a can of worms, but does make you think.

I'm sorry :whistling:

Good. Go and write out: "I will stop spreading silly unsubstantiated rumours" 1000 times and email me the product.

Behave.

Good. Go and write out: "I will stop spreading silly unsubstantiated rumours" 1000 times and email me the product.

Behave.

I must apologise again, but I have lost the ability to write and can only type. Will a Word document do?

I must apologise again, but I have lost the ability to write and can only type. Will a Word document do?

You cut 'n paste generation. I give up.