CWC vs CRC

Once again the old debate of buying local with CWC vs going with old faithfull CRC: Need a new (cheap) rear dearilleur and I see the "Shimano Aliivio Rear Derailleur M430" for R287 ex on CRC and since there seems to be another local CRC group going out soon I thought cool, let me see if I can get in on it.

Then by chance I looked at CWC just to see how much I'm going to save ... what ... chris has it for R280 plus R40 for delivery to my door!!! Way to go chris, come pay day and I'm going local.

Just great to see that CWC continues to offer us good value for money. I've often said it on this forum to first compare with CWC & others before hitting that "buy" button on CRC.

Once again the old debate of buying local with CWC vs going with old faithfull CRC: Need a new (cheap) rear dearilleur and I see the "Shimano Aliivio Rear Derailleur M430" for R287 ex on CRC and since there seems to be another local CRC group going out soon I thought cool, let me see if I can get in on it.

Then by chance I looked at CWC just to see how much I'm going to save ... what ... chris has it for R280 plus R40 for delivery to my door!!! Way to go chris, come pay day and I'm going local.

Just great to see that CWC continues to offer us good value for money. I've often said it on this forum to first compare with CWC & others before hitting that "buy" button on CRC.

Anyone who doesn't check both CRC and CWC before buying is just being silly. Buycycle.co.za is also really comptetitive.

I check real shops too...

The differences are HUGE sometimes - Mavic Ellipse track wheels - R5000 at CWC, R3366 at CRC and quoted between R4800 and R5500 at LBSs.

The lesson is - shop around - it can save you thousands!

One of my concerns lately tho regarding CWCycles....a lot of their items is 'out of stock'...

Noticed this as well.

Thanks guys!

Sorry for the "out of stock" matter! We do have some massive shipment arriving to today and next week!

We also in the process of something HUGE!!! Exciting times!

One of my concerns lately tho regarding CWCycles....a lot of their items is 'out of stock'...

CRC also suffers that problem, last year I did not join in on any of the group orders for 6mths as all my wish list items where constantly out of stock.

CRC also suffers that problem, last year I did not join in on any of the group orders for 6mths as all my wish list items where constantly out of stock.

+1 been waiting for an item to come in stock and every time the deadline approaches they push out the date another 2 weeks....

Unfortunately CWC (which are always my first choice) don't stock 3T handlebars

Chris has now converted me to CWC with this weeks purchase, placed the order just before lunch and it was at the office the next morning. Very impressive considering that Somerset West is an outlying area for deliveries and I'm used to 2-3 days from the Cape Town online stores.

CWC has ended up being cheaper, quicker and more convenient than CRC. Not saying we must boycott CRC but compare first before you hit that buy button.

Also kudos is not just for Chris but also for my LBS, got a rear derailleur for R20 more at my LBS as what CRC would have supplied it (CRC + VAT). And it was a walk in walk out transaction.

(I got some shifters from CWC instead of the derailleur and got an Acera from my LBS instead)

Shops must rather not have items in their list then to show it as out of stock.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just found my new favourite LBS CWC online I ordered LX sti shifters on friday from CWC (my first adventure into online shopping) and went to collect after work reception from the guys in the front was excellent, at the back the discovered that they were sold out of the LX Sti's without a hassle they gave me XT sti's for the same price. Thanx CWC you will be seeing more of my hard earned cash ( if my wife allows) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Agreed. I'm on their site daily looking for good mtb deals and really wanted to get a pair of Rudy Project Rydon's for my birthday. Alas "Out of Stock" :-( They only getting in stock end of June.

• 2 weeks later...

Irritating this out of stock business. I support CWC. Support local enterprise.

9 speed HG53 and HG73 chains are OUT OF STOCK for at least 2 weeks from cwc. I had to buy from the LBS. The LBS price was not that bad though. Only R30 more/HG53.

Check prices as stated by ELDRON. I was also looking for a Gobi saddle. R1000 from cwc for K!!:><iu?m@# rails and got it from the LBS for R800... and no postage.

So you can say I got the chain for free and R70 change. Shop around.

Im busy doing that excersice where i put everything i need in my basket on CRC and then comparing to CWC. Dont mind spending few bucks more with CWC.

As for the out of stock issue: i will never blame any bikeshop for issues with out of stock shimano stuff. When i use to ride with XTR i once had to wait almost 4 months for a front derailer. I reckon the shimano agents are shocking (to be fair maybe this has changed). As a matter of principle i changed both my road bike and mtb to sram immediately

Edited by Jaco-fiets

CWC is the beast! they have full backup and I will always support them!!!!! Go local man!