Riding up the DOWNhills at Tokai

grb285

They were riding on their rims with no tyres on?

er, yeah, probably all that was left of the wheel, not much tread on the crossmark to start.

Omega man, these guys are capable of anything. Not sure if it just laziness but some of the detours are really ridiculous.

Meeting scheduled with Parks today, let's see what comes of it.

Later

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are the rules regarding "free riding" in tokai. The reason i ask, is that because in sunday I noticed alot of new trails that were not there before. And yes I did stop to take a look and you could see tyre tracks.

It is what you assume to be true. No new trails, no shortcuts and no new obstacles...

Guest Omega Man

They were riding on their rims with no tyres on?

Sorry. Maxxis. Angry typing.

It is what you assume to be true. No new trails, no shortcuts and no new obstacles...

Interesting, time and again I would see some youngsters addind some rocks and what have you on vasbyt. I also noticed that the grader next to vasbyt was vandalised

hmm, not good.

That will suck in the meeting. There goes one hour of productive meeting time already.. :thumbdown: gggreat!

Helmet to the head! Helmet to the head! Helmet to the head!

Signage approved..

The new trail markings will be erected in the coming weeks but unfortunately cannot be regarded as a full one-way limitation as yet, it will justify the points that initiated this thread though.

Bottom line: Right of way is granted for descending riders. If you choose to climb any trail marked as 'downhill', you could be liable for any damage and/or injuries.

Please consider that this decision is out of necessity! User numbers have exploded and while we work on a solution for better trail use, your patience and general all-round sense will be appreciated.

Off-topic: language on the mountain. A number of complaints have been received. Please apply restraint where possible this is a family zoned trail and just basic respect for others is expected of every user.

Several other points were met with resounding approval in today's meeting.. good times ahead (thanks Koos)!! :D

That's excellent news Pain or Shine. Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort to make this happen. In the long run it's going to prevent accidents and make everyone's lives much easier.

So this will be for DH1, 2, 3 & Vasbyt then?

Any chance you guys are considering some extra signage at the gate regarding this?

Again, your efforts are hugely appreciated.

agreed on what the others said: good effort by all involved, especially grb285 who took the time to vent his spleen and essentially get the ball rolling.

Well done guys for doing maintenance!

Wish I stayed closer to Tokai to help you guys out. You Tokai locals should be proud of what you have.

Not many people have such a beautiful forest to share and do all sort of activities.

Not many people are willing to sacrifice their time to look after the tracks.

Safety on a DH track is very important. You get every where XC riders going uphill on DH tracks, just because of a different feeling, additional skills training or just because it is a track.

Here in Paarl its not just XC riders, but MX as well! Imagine doing the Tabletop and approaching from the landing side is a 250cc aiming straight at you!!! Fists will fly!

But on a more serious note...we all have to respect each other on the tracks, whether pushing up or flying down at 25km/h. And use common sense when riding.

Well done guys for doing maintenance!

Wish I stayed closer to Tokai to help you guys out. You Tokai locals should be proud of what you have.

Not many people have such a beautiful forest to share and do all sort of activities.

Not many people are willing to sacrifice their time to look after the tracks.

Safety on a DH track is very important. You get every where XC riders going uphill on DH tracks, just because of a different feeling, additional skills training or just because it is a track.

Here in Paarl its not just XC riders, but MX as well! Imagine doing the Tabletop and approaching from the landing side is a 250cc aiming straight at you!!! Fists will fly!

But on a more serious note...we all have to respect each other on the tracks, whether pushing up or flying down at 25km/h. And use common sense when riding.

25km/hr! Yip, gotta be reeaal careful. Wheelchairs passing you on a DH is tricky business, they take up the whole track!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Guest Omega Man

Off-topic: language on the mountain. A number of complaints have been received. Please apply restraint where possible this is a family zoned trail and just basic respect for others is expected of every user.

Guilty. I'll make an effort.