Riding up the DOWNhills at Tokai

grb285

Guest Omega Man

25km/hr! Yip, gotta be reeaal careful. Wheelchairs passing you on a DH is tricky business, they take up the whole track!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

It's cos he's from Paarl. They think 25kph is fast. hahaha.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jees!!! 25km/h I clocked 35.2km/h and I thought that was slow,so what is the average speed coming down the DH sections of Tokai?

Rode the up-bypass (to miss the top of Vasbyt/DH1) twice since we fixed it and it works great. The rain settled it nicely and it is very rideable in an up direction. The one somewhat tight hairpin will improve by itself.

Edited by DJR

@ Pain or Shine

You've been WORKING too hard lately on all matters cycling - better spend some time RIDING your bike soon - the poor thing must be feeling lonely by now - I'm willing to facilitate on Sunday.

Edited by DJR

agreed on what the others said: good effort by all involved, especially grb285 who took the time to vent his spleen and essentially get the ball rolling.

Agreed. Thanks grb285!

Anyway - has anybody else ridden the diversion yet?

A little belated, but I must apologise for the heated tone in my topic starter. I got a real scare that day and hopefully this will keep the trails safer for everyone. It's good to see this didn't become an XC vs DH hate fest. I know I can't speak for everyone, but my mates and I certainly have nothing against any type of rider (except roadies, BMX'ers, fixies, M-uni crew and the worst of all the dastardly AM rider ;) ) I'm glad we've all managed to work together and got this done.

Pain or Shine, hope to meet you at the next trail building session. Whoever you are you seem like a cool guy. Respect.

Edited by grb285

A little belated, but I must apologise for the heated tone in my topic starter. I got a real scare that day and hopefully this will keep the trails safer for everyone. It's good to see this didn't become an XC vs DH hate fest. I know I can't speak for everyone, but my mates and I certainly have nothing against any type of rider (except roadies, BMX'ers, fixies, M-uni crew and the worst of all the dastardly AM rider ;) ) I'm glad we've all managed to work together and got this done.

Pain or Shine, hope to meet you at the next trail building session. Whoever you are you seem like a cool guy. Respect.

He's a little guy. Don't get the little guy angry. He can ruin your trail. ;)

Seriously though, Pain... pleasure building trails with you.

And yes, he is a cool guy.

Edited by cptmayhem

It's cos he's from Paarl. They think 25kph is fast. hahaha.

But of course! Then you must see how fast I can push uphill :P

Edited by Flat_0ut

25km/hr! Yip, gotta be reeaal careful. Wheelchairs passing you on a DH is tricky business, they take up the whole track!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

I would like to give it a go in a wheelchair down a DH track...throw some whips. Biggest problem would be technical uphills :D

Hot dang! Y'all nearly went an'made me blush!

-- Build planned for this weekend.. who is keen? Stunts, jumps, berms and obstacles planned, should be fun.--

:)

Guest Omega Man

Hot dang! Y'all nearly went an'made me blush!

-- Build planned for this weekend.. who is keen? Stunts, jumps, berms and obstacles planned, should be fun.--

:)

There's a provincial downhill race this weekend so it's probably best to reschedule from my perspective. Oh and then i'm going to France for 2 weeks.

I'm gonna buy a petrol chainsaw when I come back which i am more than willing to use for trail building. In fact. That's why I'm buying it.

oooh, hold five on that insanely fun toy used shake at disagreeable poepols with big, name-calling attitude. We will have use of Park's powertools for that.. no need for blood on your personal machine.

(.. and I get it already, you just rubbing it in that France is like ten days away. You know I should have been on that plane with you! grr!)

am recovering from shoulder surgery, so am now unfit AND wary of an 'off' whilst I heal.

So a mate took me UP 6 different downhill routes (not the hectic downhill 'route').

What a breath of fresh air! It tought me some better lines riding the 'wrong' way, it taught me to chill going uphill, and not race everythingI see all the time, it improved my skill-set by having to negotiate rock-gardens and tree roots UPhill, I loved it.

And we cleared the trail twice for downhill riders, since they have the right of way.

usually I woiuld not have ridden TRAILS uphill, but absolutely loved it!

my 5c.