West Rand idiots

Giant Bob

I am sure this topic will never end..........

saturday morning, nice and easy road ride, through Krugersdorp, out to Randfontein.

So, stopped at a robot, as the robot was RED; next minute, a 'cyclist' rides past us, through the intersection.

he was not wearing club kit, BUT the next guy was in club kit! Straight through the red light.

Okay, so I thought, "IDIOT", and left it at that.

the very next huge intersection, both ignore the red light, again.

I left it at that, and we passed them going into Randfontein.

Another huge intersection, RED light, both sail between us, through the intersection.

so we shouted, and got the 'Honorary Salute'!

Now I saw RED, and chased them down. I asked smiling chop if he was more important than anyone else, and got rudely told to

'F$%^ off, and put my nose elsewhere'.

Obviously this chop does not care about anyone else.

Okay, so the guy in club kit, on an Orbea, well done. Your club, if you still belong, is being mailed....

In hindsight, I should have taken a pic of the 2 chops, but what pathetic souls!! R souls.........

Let them be. They will be run over and that will be the end of them. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

saturday morning, nice and easy road ride, through Krugersdorp, out to Randfontein.

So, stopped at a robot, as the robot was RED; next minute, a 'cyclist' rides past us, through the intersection.

he was not wearing club kit, BUT the next guy was in club kit! Straight through the red light.

Another huge intersection, RED light, both sail between us, through the intersection.

Now I saw RED, and chased them down. I asked smiling chop if he was more important than anyone else, and got rudely told to

Okay, so the guy in club kit, on an Orbea, well done. Your club, if you still belong, is being mailed....

In hindsight, I should have taken a pic of the 2 chops, but what pathetic souls!! R souls.........

so what? I agree with him. Its none of your business if he wants to kill himself.

why do people get worked up over this? If he wants to jump red lights, his time will come.

Its certainly not your problem that he wants to get out of here sooner than the rest of us

Guest agteros

Hopefully you do not chase after cars when the drivers break the law as well? Not taking a dig at you (ok, maybe a little), but really it is their problem, not yours (unless you are a traffic officer). Also, the bloke in club kit (whichever club it might be), might not even belong to the club (anymore)

so what? I agree with him. Its none of your business if he wants to kill himself.

why do people get worked up over this? If he wants to jump red lights, his time will come.

Its certainly not your problem that he wants to get out of here sooner than the rest of us

rubbish attitude!

What about the person that finally drives over orbea, his family and freinds that have to cope with his death etc....

The driver lives with this over his head for the rest of his live, is that fair?

Maybe just maybe, but I have my doubts, Gaint Bobs, interaction with these guys have made them think

Unless you're a cop you have no right chasing someone down when they break the law. If you want you can report them to the police but that wont get you very far either. Just ignore them, natural selection will take care of them at some stage.

Countless times all the roadies (and some mtb'ers) were asked and discussed to ride single file and behind the yellow line...

Sat morning on my way to the teak place from lanseria airport side, and what do I come across?

Countless groups and couples riding behind yellow line, across my lane the lot!

All riding abreast not giving a k@k of coming and going traffic!!

I didn't not stop to comment on their behaviour but next time I think I should.

I have a giant sticker on my car urging other drivers to treat cyclists equally to other users of traffic.... I think Imma take it off... no use if (we) cannot behave on the roads....

rubbish attitude!

What about the person that finally drives over orbea, his family and freinds that have to cope with his death etc....

The driver lives with this over his head for the rest of his live, is that fair?

Maybe just maybe, but I have my doubts, Gaint Bobs, interaction with these guys have made them think

And what happens when the guy you are so self righteously reprimanding pulls out a gun and blows your brains out. What about your family and friends coping with your death because you get your knickers in a knot when other people transgress. Just leave things be, keep you own nose clean and what happens, happens.

Can't agree with that at all....Knocking someone over is hardly a pleasant experience, no matter who is at fault, especially if there happen to be kids in the car... That's what works me up.... :angry: :thumbdown:

And what happens when the guy you are so self righteously reprimanding pulls out a gun and blows your brains out. What about your family and friends coping with your death because you get your knickers in a knot when other people transgress. Just leave things be, keep you own nose clean and what happens, happens.

good point, idiots will become even bigger idiots if pushed into a corner, but I still think its worth mentioning the fact that the are endangering not only their own lives but that of all road users.

Dunno if that works with idiots though.

Edited by DustSupp

Not intending to insult you or even condone Bobs actions on this but if everybody had that attitude we will never progress as a country. I think he took a calculated risk by chasing down the idiots and I doubt they were carrying a gun in their cycling kit. At worst he may have suffered a klap against the head( This was in Randfontein after all !) They were obviously indignant at being crapped on but maybe he did plant a seed in the empty field !

Guest coenie

I honestly do not understand why people get so angry at what other cyclist do.....as long as they do not affect YOUR safety you should be ok....

And you know what if you mail my club because I skipped a RED I will tell you and the CLUB that it has nothing to do with you what I do in MY time.....

Next thing you are going to email every VW and Toyota club telling them that their members wheelspin and play loud music....

I honestly do not understand why people get so angry at what other cyclist do.....as long as they do not affect YOUR safety you should be ok....

And you know what if you mail my club because I skipped a RED I will tell you and the CLUB that it has nothing to do with you what I do in MY time.....

Next thing you are going to email every VW and Toyota club telling them that their members wheelspin and play loud music....

Unfortunately we all generally get tarred with the same brush...good or bad among us...