Morewood frames

Roan

I used to own a GT I-Drive 4 and moved last year to a Morewood Shova as I was unhappy with the dogbone near the pedals that kept breaking!

I must say the Shova is a solid machine, it's heavier than my old GT but you can keep your lightweight faerie stuff thanks! I'm more of a XC'er but do enjoy throwing in a bit of freestyle and ramping here and there, both bikes ran 2.35 wheels but I feel a lot more confident on the downhills and over ramps than I did on my GT, I've never had anything arb break on the bike, I just trust it so much more and will probably be keeping it for a long time or upgrading the frame to the 2012 version :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Covie IMO 1,4kg for an alu frame is light, considering my GT is carbon and weighs 1,5kg.

Unless there are very light alu frames I'm not aware of ?

Thanx Weight Weenie...that's my thoughts too!

I would've loved to buy one of these lighter aluminum frames... :huh:

I'm pretty sure that's an Indiza. 4x bike. It's got the same swing arm as the Zula but the front triangle is Indiza. Sek-Sho-Earl.

That pic is from Sea Otter last year if I remember correctly. I think it's the bike used by Fabien Cousine. Team Morewood United rider.

yup, it's the bike Fabien used... but it's it's custom build as far as I know.

I have an Ndiza, and the front triangle quite different. Maybe it was what the 2011 Ndiza was going to look like, until it got pulled from the line-up.

But yeah... round tubing... not ndiza or shova. The rear triangle does look like a Zula, but like I say... I think the front is a custom build once off.

I have a Shova. Been to the alps with it and ridden all day epics on it as well. Bombproof and a killer bike, would recommend anyone to buy a Morewood if they can afford it.

My take on Surking's last post

I have a Shova. Would like to go Been to the alps with it and ridden all day epics on it as well. Bombproof and a killer bike, would recommend anyone to buy a Morewood if they can afford it.

Just did the Joberg2C on a "Zula" the bike was absolutely amazing on all the terrains,we had some pretty rough rock gardens,single track and all the other stuff.

I would look no further than the Zula,my bike comes in at 10.4KG's

Local is lekker :clap:

What is the specs on your Zula to get it to 10.4 kg?

Guest Omega Man

yup, it's the bike Fabien used... but it's it's custom build as far as I know.

I have an Ndiza, and the front triangle quite different. Maybe it was what the 2011 Ndiza was going to look like, until it got pulled from the line-up.

But yeah... round tubing... not ndiza or shova. The rear triangle does look like a Zula, but like I say... I think the front is a custom build once off.

I'll give you a kidney and a wild weekend with my 6 foot blond wife for your Ndiza.

I'll give you a kidney and a wild weekend with my 6 foot blond wife for your Ndiza.

hahaha! rare little suckers these Ndizas are... will make a man do crazy things to get his hands on one, hahaha!

It'd be interesting to find out how many of them are roaming around on local soil?! it seems most got shipped to Europe, befoe they cut them from the line-up

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

hahaha! rare little suckers these Ndizas are... will make a man do crazy things to get his hands on one, hahaha!

It'd be interesting to find out how many of them are roming around on local soil?! it seems most got shipped to Europe, befoe they cut them from the line-up

I think the number is 200 but that might be the Enza. That's also quite nice.

200 locally... or 200 in total?

As for the Enza... there was a nice one for sale a short while back

What .. .no pic on the couch to facilitate your proposal biggrin.gif

What is the specs on your Zula to get it to 10.4 kg?

SRAM xo 2x10 (26/39)

sid xx fork

American Classic Tubeless

KCNC sear post

Fizik Alliante saddle

Carbon Bar

Momsen bar ends

Unfortunately if you add me we go up to 95 Kg in total :lol:

200 locally... or 200 in total?

As for the Enza... there was a nice one for sale a short while back

I recently bought my first Morewood (a Zula) and needless to say I'm very happy with the frame. I really hope the company will stick to it's guns and continue building these high quality products. It's very easy when things go well, that a company goes into mass production mode and then the quality starts to dip. So lets hold thumbs, because I don't want the Zula to be my last Morewood frame.

What .. .no pic on the couch to facilitate your proposal biggrin.gif

Will pics of her all dirty in the basement do?

post-10758-0-84223900-1306754164.jpg

post-10758-0-64507400-1306754172.jpg

post-10758-0-91642900-1306754178.jpg

...oh! you didn't mean the bike! My bad!

...but yeah, sorry can't help with your other pic request though!

Edited by patches

SRAM xo 2x10 (26/39)

sid xx fork

American Classic Tubeless

KCNC sear post

Fizik Alliante saddle

Carbon Bar

Momsen bar ends

Unfortunately if you add me we go up to 95 Kg in total :lol:

I am also riding a Zula(L). I am sure mine weighs > 12kg (will make sure)

Difference in my setup is:

Tripple chainring

XT groupset

Reba race fork

Race face (al) seatpost

Gobi saddle