[Event] Die Burger Mountain Bike Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

anyone know the vertical ascent climbed over the 60km route?

Approx 1450m accent and 59.2 km distance as per my Garmin

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I did not enjoy the route (42km) at all. It was nothing like the description given before the race, too much tar, no single track.... The Gansbaai funride 42km of a few weeks ago was more genuine mountain biking with even more climbing than this and better cross country and single track. Why is the 75km by invite only? I mailed to ask if I could do this distance before teh race and was told no do one of the shorter distances. Anyways lessons learnt, next time I will rather go to Eselfontein or Wellington instead.

Someone else that did the 42km also mentioned that they did not have much single track. Do the 60km next time, it was a blast!!!

Edited by CJVDM

Approx 1450m accent and 59.2 km distance as per my Garmin

Love it when the trail talks foreign. or with an accent. :-)

Someone else that did the 42km also mentioned that they did not have much single track. Do the 60km next time, it was a blast!!!

And thank gawd for that, Even though i love my ST, i was seeded in H, And at that 100m stretch of "ST" was held up for about 20mins, And i said too myself there that if there is 1m more of "singtrack"I am turning my bike around and heading home. Nobody could ride that 100m which should have taken 15seconds do to.

But then again i have to admit half of that is my fault, i said to myself its a funride im just gonna chill and ride it super relaxed, and at the end of the day it was great, i didnt mind the people cutting in front of me, outbreaking themselves into corners, falling on flat peaces of road etc. Was just a lekke Saturday morning ride, and chatted to loads of people on the way.

All and all i actually had a great time.

well snowbird I say 'only' because end of the month is the marathon 105km gravel travel where the climbing is 2600m - OUCH!

And thank gawd for that, Even though i love my ST, i was seeded in H, And at that 100m stretch of "ST" was held up for about 20mins, And i said too myself there that if there is 1m more of "singtrack"I am turning my bike around and heading home. Nobody could ride that 100m which should have taken 15seconds do to.

But then again i have to admit half of that is my fault, i said to myself its a funride im just gonna chill and ride it super relaxed, and at the end of the day it was great, i didnt mind the people cutting in front of me, outbreaking themselves into corners, falling on flat peaces of road etc. Was just a lekke Saturday morning ride, and chatted to loads of people on the way.

All and all i actually had a great time.

You said it!! That's the spirit!!

Even though you did not finish on the podium....you had a great day out!! That's what it's all about...

I was suffering myself...but through my bleeding eyeballs...I could still see and revel in the beautiful views that we got to see...nothing can top that!!

well snowbird I say 'only' because end of the month is the marathon 105km gravel travel where the climbing is 2600m - OUCH!

Well SUPER OUCH was the 2011 Baviaans 2day Challenge (2 weeks ago) - the 1st day was only 60km with 2260m climbing!

Well SUPER OUCH was the 2011 Baviaans 2day Challenge (2 weeks ago) - the 1st day was only 60km with 2260m climbing!

:wacko: :eek: :nuke: :excl:

I definitely need to re-assess my perspective of climbing then!!!!

The Swartland 70km has a 4h30min cutoff with 1200m total climb. Has anyone done both the Swartland 70km and Die Burger 60km and which would you rate tougher?