Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best photo, but a very nice trail I discovered this weekend.

Nice trail!! Where is it... :whistling:

I see you found it..

They are building a huge mall on the other side of this wall.. So this whole legal street art area is most likely going to be gone in the near future..

Sad.. I'd rather have art than a mall. :)

It's a pity about the mall, but these guys will move their work elsewhere.

Some more from my Fuji X-100.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8007/7678575136_98a20c81ae_b.jpg

DSCF0229 by OddPix1, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7275/7678478276_7f2fff522e_b.jpg

DSCF0273 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Some help please. I've got a Canon 500D. I took a lot of pics at my daughters Gymnastics comp this past weekend, but afterwards when looking at the photos there are a lot of blurred photos. Is it my lense that is to slow as the move extremely fast at some sections?(using the 18-55 and 75-300 Lenses that came with the cam) or is it my photography skills?

Some help please. I've got a Canon 500D. I took a lot of pics at my daughters Gymnastics comp this past weekend, but afterwards when looking at the photos there are a lot of blurred photos. Is it my lense that is to slow as the move extremely fast at some sections?(using the 18-55 and 75-300 Lenses that came with the cam) or is it my photography skills?

For indoor sport shooting you need a F2.8 lens and a higher ISO.

For indoor sport shooting you need a F2.8 lens and a higher ISO.

Thank you. Will put that on the Christmas wish list

Just make sure you have increased the ISO so the shutter speed is acceptable for hand-held shooting. A rule of thumb is having at least a shutter speed that is equal to your focal length but realistically it should be slightly more when shooting at a very short focal length. Also try to pan or move with your subjects so that the camera matches your subjects movement. Sometimes it's useful to have a slightly lower(but not too low if hand-held!) shutter speed and pan to create a blurriness in the background but not of your subject which will give the impression of movement instead of having something that's static.

As mentioned having a fast lens(large aperture) helps in such low light conditions.

Edited by marsbeetle

Thank you. Will put that on the Christmas wish list

I really think you can make do with what you have.. You obviously need to use a fast shutter speed (to reduce motion in the pic) and the biggest aperture you can. Just push the ISO up.. Even if you can get up to f4 I'm sure it will be cool...

A new lens is really pricy..

The colours on these are really great.

Thanks tjomma, all done hand held and ISO around 3200 if I recall.

Really clear for such a high ISO..

Really clear for such a high ISO..

That Fuji is fantastic.

The sport stuff indoors, ja a f2.8 preferably with I.S. is the way to go.

Taken wit the 70-200 f2.8 i.s.

post-4100-0-85705600-1343904471.jpg

I told you before,you should be a surgeon with those steady hands