Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

You can also get the same burst effect much more controlled in PS or PSE... :whistling:

Where is the fun and skill in that ?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the fun and skill in that ?

Agree 100%... Just sayin they can play around on existing photo's. Can also give you an idea of what you want to achieve and what you want to avoid with the effect.

Lights are fun... I am guilty of not having done enough shooting - was thinking to myself the other day I want to do more low-light shots some time...

so not all of us has the money to buy a macro lens. But I found an article that tells you about this "reversing ring" that you put on the lens and can attach the lens the wrong way around. reversing rings go for about R100-R150. Anyone ever use this?

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/767/2066767/2066767_130117050602_58mm_Macro_Reverse_Adapter_Ring_for_CANON_EOS_EF_Mount.jpg

http://www.deep-deal.com/ebay/pic/Reverse-Ring-Macro-2.gif

http://www.deep-deal.com/ebay/pic/Reverse-Ring-Macro-1.jpg

so not all of us has the money to buy a macro lens. But I found an article that tells you about this "reversing ring" that you put on the lens and can attach the lens the wrong way around. reversing rings go for about R100-R150. Anyone ever use this?

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/767/2066767/2066767_130117050602_58mm_Macro_Reverse_Adapter_Ring_for_CANON_EOS_EF_Mount.jpg

http://www.deep-deal.com/ebay/pic/Reverse-Ring-Macro-2.gif

http://www.deep-deal.com/ebay/pic/Reverse-Ring-Macro-1.jpg

They work well, but not quite a sharp as a macro lens.

Agree 100%... Just sayin they can play around on existing photo's. Can also give you an idea of what you want to achieve and what you want to avoid with the effect.

Lights are fun... I am guilty of not having done enough shooting - was thinking to myself the other day I want to do more low-light shots some time...

I should have included a smiley :blush:

I agree with you, I am of the stance that a photo can look good no matter what.

Adding a bit of flare , grading, boosting colour, sharpening and other things.

Someone once told me, if you don't like the fact that photos need editing, shoot in JPEG mode.

If you shoot in raw, there is work to be done.

Saying that I am not crazy about copying and pasting and too much photoshop.

I posted this image a few pages back, but in post processing I tried to make it look like the stadium lights were shining out of the stadium, which on the night, they weren't.

It's super fake, but adds a bit of effect.

1002070_10151423146781179_1405844097_n.jpg

Haha, nooo worries, I read it with a smiley! Even for that shot to make that "super fake" it has to be a nice shot to begin with.

Marius, shop around and play around. If your normal lens don't have a macro feature, see what you can get simply going in close. On a longish zoom lens you'll also be able to get pretty zoomed and near macro-type shots. I was lucky and got a second-hand 100mm macro for a bargain - love it! Was told that a prime 50mm lens also makes for good macro lens - and as far as lenses go, they're as cheap as you can get.

Thanks. So it would then probably do till I can afford a real macro lens

Marius, check ODP for used lenses.

Often some great bargains on second hand Tamron and Sigma macro's.

And as Seabee said, they make phenomenal prime lenses.

Not sure Richie, I would assume you could just pitch, however I would not advise busy times.

I did not see gondolas for bikes.

Give them a shout see what they say, they seem quite big on getting it off the ground.

I finally got hold of somone regarding downhill biking at the Harties cableway. There's nothing in place yet. The problem is a land owner whose land you would have to cross to ride down. The cableway itself is keen, although you have to use the service gondola to get bikes up so it's not arrive and drive!

There is a downhill club working with the cableway and negotiating with the very un-keen landowner, to put on a downhill event later this year. They are hoping to prove to the landowner that mountain bikers are not the Rhino Rally! (which is apparently what he thinks!)

So afraid nothing doing right now. PM me anyone for the Downhill Club's details if interested

I finally got hold of somone regarding downhill biking at the Harties cableway. There's nothing in place yet. The problem is a land owner whose land you would have to cross to ride down. The cableway itself is keen, although you have to use the service gondola to get bikes up so it's not arrive and drive!

There is a downhill club working with the cableway and negotiating with the very un-keen landowner, to put on a downhill event later this year. They are hoping to prove to the landowner that mountain bikers are not the Rhino Rally! (which is apparently what he thinks!)

So afraid nothing doing right now. PM me anyone for the Downhill Club's details if interested

That's bad news man, seeing they are advertising it and even have a video running when you stand in the queue :thumbdown:

Yeah and they do'nt let you take your bike in the normal gondola in case you scratch it.. (the gondola that is!)

Seriously, who cares about the gondola :clap:

Im shooting a little project this weekend, and I think some of you will like the pics that are gonna come out of it.

I'll try to remember to post some here for you.