Anybody having a problem getting their new wildcard?

WBK

We purchased our family wildcard for R700 in January and have still not received it.

We were first told that it was because we hadn't been onto the website to update our details (which we hadn't been informed of).

Then we were told that there was a problem with the printing of cards and that the card would be valid for a year from the date we receive it.

Then we were told that for some unknown reason it hadn't been sent for printing and now we're back at the excuse that there is a problem with the printing of the cards and it will be another 3 weeks BUT the membership will be valid for a year from the date of payment and not from when we receive it.

I've escalated this to the wildcard manager who was unhelpful and rather unpleasant and I've now escalated it to the Sales and Service manager for SANP but it is still not resolved.

Anybody else had similar problems?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This new Wildcard thing is a mess.

I did mine online last year in November and FINALLY got my card at the end of April.

The stuff up for me was that I thought I needed it to go mountain biking in Tokai, and I can't with the Wildcard that I got.

Clearly, I am not very good at searching online because I couldnt find anything about Tokai and mountain biking, so I bought the R340.00 card thinking it would cover everything. I cant get a refund either!

I had to go to the TMNP offices and get a different card for R180.00. Quick, easy, polite and painless. I wish I had know that.

btw: where do i go to purchase a wild card, and where does it allow me access to?

Edited by eyecandy

Bought a Wildcard online as directed by Sanparks when my previous card expired.

It seems i bought the wrong card as i bought an individual entry but i need a MTB entry. I have no idea where you get this?

I actually don’t have a bloody clue what card i need, but i fight with the dude at the gate every time i ride tokai, as i pissed R305 down the tube and im not paying for a day pass.

Still waiting for a reply from Sanparks for my card to be transferred to the correct one!

Jip, same here. We renewed ours Easter weekend and haven’t received it yet. We got hold of them one on the phone and the excuse was that they didn’t have a postal address for us (they should just read the application form I completed ). Now we cant get hold of there helpdesk again.

We are heading to KNP the 16th of June. Now I wonder how will I get in? Hopefully they have an organized system where they can look up according to your ID or something?

This new Wildcard thing is a mess.

I did mine online last year in November and FINALLY got my card at the end of April.

The stuff up for me was that I thought I needed it to go mountain biking in Tokai, and I can't with the Wildcard that I got.

Clearly, I am not very good at searching online because I couldnt find anything about Tokai and mountain biking, so I bought the R340.00 card thinking it would cover everything. I cant get a refund either!

I had to go to the TMNP offices and get a different card for R180.00. Quick, easy, polite and painless. I wish I had know that.

same issue, but stuff them, im not paying for a new card when their site isn’t clear as to what card you must purchase!

Same problem as all of the above. Have not got my card yet so dont know if i will have mtb access or not. Just show the guys at the gate my computer printout of the receipt and they let you in - no hassles.

Had no reply to telephonic or email queries. Shocking display of ineptitude from SAN Parks. How hard can this process be.

How hard can this process be.

Hrmmm....i could anwser this in so many, many ways...

Lol I did mine October...oraround there....it expired in April....still havnt received it, don't even know where the paper they made a temporary on is...need to get one again

same issue, but stuff them, im not paying for a new card when their site isn’t clear as to what card you must purchase!

Sanparks tried to fix up their system and landed the biggest mess imaginable.

Fancy high level security and database cleaning and blah blah. There are HUGE delays because of all the data that is incorrect and all sorts of rubbish. Massive incompetency is what it is.

I wanted to go mountain biking in Tokai, not apply to become a flipping FBI agent!

I couldn't find anything on the TMNP or Sanparks website about where to get what permit for mtb in Tokai.

TMNP office is in Westlake.

The poor guys at the gate get all sorts of abuse from guys who got the wrong card or haven't received theirs yet. Its a mess!

I had the same headache when originally applying for a wildcard, but managed to get them to use the cash that I paid for the family entry wildcard to the necessary wildcard for MTB access at Tokai.

The right one to get is the 12 entry permit for approx R 80, then over and above that you will have to purchase an MTB permit for an extra amount per year (I think it's R 260 per year) and that will get you unlimited access on the MTB.

The problem is that MTB access is one of those "extra" things that you need to get a permit for, much like horse riding and walking your dog. If you are running, no extra permit is needed as the impact on the environment is negligible.

However, I agree that this is not very clear on the website. This is why I originally bought the "wrong" card. That "wrong" card, though, gave me unlimited access for myself and my family to ANY Sanparks reserve. It did not, however, enable me to have MTB access anywhere.

It did help that I realised I had the "wrong card" 2 days after I bought it. So the transfer was (relatively) easy...

I had the same issue. Also Waiting since Jan. I've sent numerous mails. The last 1 never even got a response. All you get is "The first batch of wildcards were sent". But nowhere is there confirmation that yours is in that batch. That sounds like a "STALLING MOVE" to me. I called them after they ignored my last mail, and the said it would arrive in June.

I also got the All Parks National card which offered "UNLIMITED ACCESS", and I expect it to be just that, "UNLIMITED". I never added the MTB permit to my card. I never had any issues getting into reserves with my MTB. So I'm a bit confused with this additional MTB permit.

I had the same issue. Also Waiting since Jan. I've sent numerous mails. The last 1 never even got a response. All you get is "The first batch of wildcards were sent". But nowhere is there confirmation that yours is in that batch. That sounds like a "STALLING MOVE" to me. I called them after they ignored my last mail, and the said it would arrive in June.

I also got the All Parks National card which offered "UNLIMITED ACCESS", and I expect it to be just that, "UNLIMITED". I never added the MTB permit to my card. I never had any issues getting into reserves with my MTB. So I'm a bit confused with this additional MTB permit.

Yupp!

MTB is a seperate add on.

But it doesnt say that anywhere.

Its got something to do with money being channeled towards TMNP who assist with trail building and maintenance or something. Same as when you buy a permit at the picnic site entrance.

Firstly: If it doesen't say it on the website, then where, in the purchase process, do they inform you about it? If there is no notification about this cost, then the "UNLIMITED ACCESS" card is then blatent false advertising.

Secondly: Why have I not had any problems entering with my MTB in Grabouw?

Firstly: If it doesen't say it on the website, then where, in the purchase process, do they inform you about it? If there is no notification about this cost, then the "UNLIMITED ACCESS" card is then blatent false advertising.

Secondly: Why have I not had any problems entering with my MTB in Grabouw?

Enforcement. Pure & simple. It's very easy to enforce it at Tokai, and it's one of the places where MTB traffic is huge.

If I remember correctly, there is some sort of document on the Sanparks website that stipulates that an extra permit will be needed, but I can't remember where it is... searching... searching...

My link

There we go - Explains it all in plain ingerlish.