Tread magazine subsription

Peter L

About 2 or 3 months ago i posted re the non arrival of Tread magazine subscription was given many explenations etc .The problem still exsists and has not been rectified . Once again the magazine was on shop shelves about 2 weeks ago and subscription still not received. NB not a single subscription has been received this year without a lot of bitching and moaning . We are at our wits end with regard to this problem . PLEASE DONT GIVE ANYMORE EXSCUSES BECAUSE THAT IS ALL THEY ARE. This problem needs to be rectified as it was a gift from one person to another and has been far from that

Could it be the Post Office and not Tread? :unsure:

Agreed. Mine arrived fine this time, but never pitched the one before. The people at Tread were really helpful, but they are at the mercy of the PO.

I have a mate who works for one of the bigger mag publishers in Gauteng, and he says they have a whole department that just looks after getting copies to people who have had theirs nicked by the postman/sorter/neighbour. One of their big expenses every month.

Give them the benefit of the doubt, double check they have your address 100% correct (easy to swap digits around in a box number for instance). They do try their best, I am sure.

same problem here, haven't received anything thus far for 2011...not ayoba!!!! I dont want to remind a magazine to deliver my copy each month...come on TREAD, pull up your socks!!!

Had the same issue last year some time...Donovan sorted it out for me. I didnt subscribe again not because of this but I used to get my magazine a week or so after they were available at CNA so what is the benefit...I now buy MBUK and Tread monthly because their content is good and original. If they put up another Ibis Mojo to be won by subrscribers...that might swing me...hint hint ;)

Me too - the latest issue hasn't arrived. The Tread staff were very helpful but it does seem that there is a glitch in the system.

They have tried the post office one awhile back .We deal with paintball equipment and never have a problem with the post office other than time delay on the odd occasion .Changed address to a P O Box which did not work.Funny Postoffice seem to have fancied all our copies

I'm also having lots of issues with the subscription. The first mag didn't arrive, so I just bought it and asked that my subscription start date be adjusted. The second one didn't arrive either and after contacting them they mailed a copy to my postal and residential address, both of which arrived. The third one has yet to arrive... I'm probably going to have to email them again and complain so that they can resend it. Because of the unreliability I won't resubscribe and will rather just buy it from the lbs. Surely it's not all the post office's fault if so many of us are having issues with it?

off topic: I hope their next round of prizes are local, maybe Morewood instead of an American brand like Pivot, hint hint :)

I'm also not getting mine.

So surely this is not a random/occassional post office issue. Has to be more than that, for so many people not to be getting their magazines.

Never had an issue, I mean a problem. I have always received all my issues. Guess I'm just lucky.

I have only had one issue that was ummmhh, an issue. But Jo-Ann sorted the problem quickly. Other than that I have received every issue on time without any hassles. It a great magazine and the Barceló’s voucher is a great incentive for subscribing

People are always quick to blame the post office. I have subscribed to a number of magazines in the past and not one has gone missing from the post office.

I have only had one issue that was ummmhh, an issue. But Jo-Ann sorted the problem quickly. Other than that I have received every issue on time without any hassles. It a great magazine and the Barceló’s voucher is a great incentive for subscribing

Ja, the voucher is nice, but we don't have a Barcelo's here in P.E. so I ended up giving it to a friend who lives in Johannesburg. If you want to give out a voucher why not make it for a place that has more outlets so more people can use it?

The only Barcellos is at a petrol station in Westville, so we ordered as it was a freebie, the wife took the voucher there which had a slight mark on it and would not accept it. What a load of bollocks :angry:

I wish the post office would misplace my Bicycling magazine, now I actually have to read it as it always arrives. My suggestion to Tread if this is an ongoing problem and the issue is at the post office. Sell the subscriptions and then give the reader the equivalent vouchers for the year / period. The reader can then cash this in and collect the magazine at the local CNA instead of relying on the post office.

Got my first issue last month. To the guys not receiving any issues in 2011, this may be a stupid question, but have you checked your subscription with Tread? I can see our talented post-office people losing 1 / 2 here and there, but for them to get it wrong every month seems a bit much.