Catching Hijackers

manbearpig

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a good idea, but also a little big. Won't these hijacking muppets notice it? There is another system that I know of that is also being launched, PM bradjackson.

Not sure if its my place to post all the details so best to contact him directly

I would rather get this, should be more effective. Will add a bit of weight to your bike, but then again, MBP's bike already weighs a ton :P

gallery_4329_823_91980.jpg

Ok so one clever oke has an opinion on it (thanks caerus) and one fat peasant with a yellow helmet is going to get a fat lip. Anyone else got any thoughts on the gps tracker thingy?

I also reckon it's a good idea, but it is far too big and noticeable. It'd be fantastic if there was something you could somehow stick to the inside of the seat tube. Just thinking out loud here :)

Seems like a good idea, but also a little big. Won't these hijacking muppets notice it? There is another system that I know of that is also being launched, PM bradjackson.

Not sure if its my place to post all the details so best to contact him directly

Nope, they usually don't touch the saddlebag and other attachment on the bicycle. Seen a couple of gardeners riding their bicycles with tools on that they have no clue what to do with. A little box under the seat. "Eish boss..."

Did anyone PM bradjackson. His system seems smaller. Whats your email address Manbearboar? I will send you what he sent me.

Did anyone PM bradjackson. His system seems smaller. Whats your email address Manbearboar? I will send you what he sent me.

Can u PM me same. I never got a reply. Shot.

I hear you about it being a bit big but then you'd have to question how diligent a potential hijacker would be in checking a bike for a tracker unit. If it's "about the size of a Zippo lighter" it could be put under your spare tube in a saddle bag. The bottom line is that insuring your bike and letting the bastards get away with it is not going to lessen the problem. We need to catch them and see who is buying the bikes. Sure technology is moving fast and someone will come up with a cheap tracker the size of Nathrix's left testicle but I think we gotta do what we can now. I'm looking forward to reading the thread that says "I was hijacked and we tracked the bastards to etc..."

Sweet send away..... manbearpig@webmail.co.za fanks!

Edited by manbearpig

Interesting... So how does the recovery work? Do you have to pay a monthly fee ala Tracker / do you only pay once activation required?