Campy Centaur or Shimano Ultegra?

Dee1

Please help - upgrading from an old entry level road bike and need some advice.

Ride a bike with centaur and ride a bike with ultegra.

Then decide, the shimano shifters & ergo shifters feel different and shift different.

Been riding with Centaur for 7 years now (2004 version, 10 spd) , can't be happier, but not the lightest. Apart from the normal Campy vs. Shimano debate. I would say buy the set which is cheapest and spend the rest on a decent wheelset. If equal in price, buy the one that is lightest.

Touching

Damn how to reply to this?? passsshttps://cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

You guys are not making my life easier...so next question...the groupsets come with the frames as follows -Trek Madone 5.2/Ultegra/2011 vs Pin FP3/Centaur/2010 - NOW WHAT?

You guys are not making my life easier...so next question...the groupsets come with the frames as follows -Trek Madone 5.2/Ultegra/2011 vs Pin FP3/Centaur/2010 - NOW WHAT?

This is the biggest no brainer ever...Pinarello

Force is cheaper then both of those.

Nothing technically wrong with Force and good value as well BUT i hated the double tap and the hoods dont suit small hands. Like wise i dont think CAMPY hoods are great for guys with big hands.

Edit:

Ride a bike with centaur, ride a bike with ultegra and ride a bike with force.

Then decide.

It comes down to personal preference and everyone here, has one!