Fake merchandise...

bontie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The quality on the fake Pinarello's is so good that a guy at the factory quality control was called in,and he could only tell the difference buy the colour of the paint.

Agreed, which is my point all along, value is subjective, your opinion of value is differant to mine, hense a quality product is still a quality product, irrespective of the name on the box.

I used to own a heavy duty engineering company and we imported steel high pressure vessels from Austria. All the vessels coming out of the factory are identical depending on the pressure rating, all that happens is the die is changed and another brand name is stamped on the cylinder. Depending on the "prestige" of the company ordering the cylinder the price could treble and some people will pay it THINKING they are getting a premium product. I always chuckled as I would read the American sales pitch in the engineering magazines and they would go on and on about how these vessels were specially manufactured to their highest specifications etc,etc and the chinese company was buying the same cylinder and reselling it back into the USA cheaper than the American prestige brands were selling it domestically.

Agreed, which is my point all along, value is subjective, your opinion of value is differant to mine, hense a quality product is still a quality product, irrespective of the name on the box.

I used to own a heavy duty engineering company and we imported steel high pressure vessels from Austria. All the vessels coming out of the factory are identical depending on the pressure rating, all that happens is the die is changed and another brand name is stamped on the cylinder. Depending on the "prestige" of the company ordering the cylinder the price could treble and some people will pay it THINKING they are getting a premium product. I always chuckled as I would read the American sales pitch in the engineering magazines and they would go on and on about how these vessels were specially manufactured to their highest specifications etc,etc and the chinese company was buying the same cylinder and reselling it back into the USA cheaper than the American prestige brands were selling it domestically.

Grumps.

The wife is busy making you a genuine non fake home made Bobotie :thumbup:

Was he blind? - they don't even look remotely the same! If you know what a Pina looks liek you can see it from a mile away...

These frames are identical to factory blue print spec.

These frames are identical to factory blue print spec.

Probably becuase, apart from the paint/artwork, they are the same frame. All you are paying for is a name in most cases.

haha, great example. That's the power of advertising.

A few years ago I needed to replace the brakes on a car I owned then. The dealer quoted me R700 for the brakes alone. I asked if I could look at the brakes cause I wanted to see what would be fitted. I firmly believe in Ferodo brakes so by the way. The tech showed me ATE brakes which was stamped with vehicles logo. Long story short I went to a spares shop to buy the brakes. I paid R500 for ferodo ceramics and the ATE then were about R400. Nothing to do with fake only with branding

Guest agteros

fake, copy, generic, oem ... all different things

I paid R500 for ferodo ceramics and the ATE then were about R400. Nothing to do with fake only with branding

Paying for a name. This thread, I think, speaks to why a name costs what it does.

Grumps.

The wife is busy making you a genuine non fake home made Bobotie :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: - Ha,Ha, Yeah, some things just cant be faked.