69ers

kevink

they say they have made a bike with a 29" wheel on the front and a 26" on the back..

does anyone have one to show us?? i have never seen one!

and if you have one what is it like?

thanks! :clap:

These things are old, actually they have come and gone, personally I think it was one of Trek's biggest flops.

They look a bit like a big dude and a little dudette doing the 69. You'll have to use your imagination because pictures of this will be moderated right off the Hub in no time at all.

They look a bit like a big dude and a little dudette doing the 69. You'll have to use your imagination because pictures of this will be moderated right off the Hub in no time at all.

Uuuuuuuugh, my own brain moderated me :eek:

they say they have made a bike with a 29" wheel on the front and a 26" on the back..

does anyone have one to show us?? i have never seen one!

and if you have one what is it like?

thanks! :clap:

Here's mine. It's now set up as a single speed.

post-3441-0-19795700-1308075485.jpg

Sorry flowta, but that's Fkn ugly... if it were 26 / 26 or 29/29 then it'd be fine. But it just looks like a... I dunno what it looks like, really. Just doesn't turn me on in the slightest.

I guess it's like that saying goes though - only his mother could love him.

Sorry flowta, but that's Fkn ugly... if it were 26 / 26 or 29/29 then it'd be fine. But it just looks like a... I dunno what it looks like, really. Just doesn't turn me on in the slightest.

I guess it's like that saying goes though - only his mother could love him.

Fair enough, each to their own.

But it is fun to ride, and most people don't see the 29er up front (or the rigid fork for that matter) until you point it out.

The 29er up front definitely helps with the bumps, especially on the Knysna 85km 2 years ago.

Singletrek has one. He calls it Goofy. Strange bike to see in real life, but he says it goes well..........

http://pub1.personafile.com/pf/C3062-12/pk-000000000046063-05e16538f2ef4b77911b75e28f3c8e37-30-1.jpg