ENDOMONDO - list your profile here

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys just an idea, maybe load your name with your hub name, getting a few invites dont know who is who

That’s a good idea.

I added my hub name as my middel name on endomomdo. It now displays as Name (HubName) Surname

That’s a good idea.

I added my hub name as my middel name on endomomdo. It now displays as Name (HubName) Surname

good thinking :thumbup:

That’s a good idea.

Like it Grondpad! - "Dikwiel has just become my middle name too!

I have an idea - since we have so many hubbers using endomondo AND we're still early in to the new year, why don't we create HubSA Challenges for most km in the different sports that are presented here, i.e. mountain biking, cycling - sport, cycling - commuting, running, and swimming? Those are the only ones I can think of for now. Winner gets bragging rights?

Hi all,

Thanks to Bennie Dikwiel for prompting this and Disylizzy for the suggestions. I've created three challenges for Hubbers on Endomondo.

For now it's just the cycling ones:

It'll be based on the most kilometres covered in each of the above for 2012. For now the prize is the bragging rights, but I'm sure we can arrange some monthly and overall prizes.

I know there are many multisport Hubbers so we'll of course add running and swimming inot the mix.

A question on swimming: I'd think we maybe want to rank this on active time instead of km? Do you swim with your phone??

I can also create Hubber teams to take part in international challenges.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Matt

I know there are many multisport Hubbers so we'll of course add running and swimming inot the mix.

A question on swimming: I'd think we maybe want to rank this on active time instead of km? Do you swim with your phone??

If you create a new workout you can enter in distance for swimming. Each pool has a length, so you can just multiply that by number of laps done. Or just use your garmin to swim with.

The same thing can be done if you're running inside on a treadmill.

Can I upload a polar fill onto my Endomondo profile?

If you can save your workouts in e.g .gpx .tcx .fit format on your PC, then you simply "Import Workout" under the "Workouts" menu using Endomondo.

Iv switched from endomondo and now use strava, i upload my garmin stats ( automatically) but you get apps for droid and ios and there is a way to upload endomdo i think. Prefer it to endomondo

Hi all,

Thanks to Bennie Dikwiel for prompting this and Disylizzy for the suggestions. I've created three challenges for Hubbers on Endomondo.

For now it's just the cycling ones:

It'll be based on the most kilometres covered in each of the above for 2012. For now the prize is the bragging rights, but I'm sure we can arrange some monthly and overall prizes.

I can also create Hubber teams to take part in international challenges.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Matt

Hi Admin

Thanks for that. One more request if I may. I log all my cycling, whether MTB, Road or Commuting as "Cycling, sport" and don't want to differentiate between them on Endomondo. Just a personal preference. This means I don't really fit perfectly into any of those categories. Could we create another Hub challenge for "most kilometers, all sport"?

I realise then the guys who run potentially log extra miles that is not cycling related, but running mileage in comparison to cycling is not that much, so it won't make a huge impact. And in any case, guys who run probably cycle less than the dedicated cyclists in the first place, having to do another discipline and all.

Just a suggestion, use it, don't use it ...

On the swimming, I'd suggest keeping it to mileage. On days where I do drills I may spend a long time in the pool, but not necessarily cover a great distance, lots of brakes, I mean breaks, between drill sets, resting and stuff. I don't know if such recovery time should count towards swimming. Distance is a better indicator. 2c

Edited by Pronutro