Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man, got this for a steal, couldnt afford a proper all mountain right now, but this will do for now

hey, not a criticism at all R. That bike will do just superbly! :thumbup:

hey, not a criticism at all R. That bike will do just superbly! http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif

Naa, didnt take it as one. I am sure it will perform well, well break its trail virgin later today, took it for a ride around my hood yesterday, felt very good

On saturday I took the AM steed out to Groenkoof and Foutains to give try it out on some distance, technical, and a jump or 2.

I even had a few goes at flying the plastic bike over the Fountains gap jump (pictured below).

For those of you in Gauteng who haven't tried your AM beasts on this jump, I recommend it. Loads of fun.

The jump was pretty overgrown. Run in consistes of a semi-rocky trail, a right hand berm about 15m before the launch, and another right about 10m after the landing.

The jump is pretty easy. No tricky lip or anything like that. It's purely speed that will get you over safely... and in terms of safety gear... I just did it with an XC lid. No knee guards etc.

post-10758-0-33821900-1329714512.jpg

As you can see the launch (right) is overgrown, but still enough lip to get you over the approx. 6m gap.

post-10758-0-03618000-1329714617.jpg

Here's the berm that follows the landing. I'm terrible when it comes to cornering, so even by my standards this is pretty easy.

So in general, I'm pretty impressed with the plastic bike's flying ability :thumbup:

Edited by patches

Finally! After nearly 6 weeks my stem has arrived. Never trust Royal Mail Fail.

But it's here, so I'm happy!

Changes since I last posted pics in this thread...

- got a 30.9 to 31.6mm seatpost shim so that I can run my reverb. Finding a shim in that size was almost impossible. Most cycling forums say that such a shim is a myth, and that a cut up coke can must be used. But U.S.E.in the UK make them, and they work great!

- so yeah, reverb added. Major difference to the bike! Dropper posts are better than sliced bread!

- upgraded my brake hoses to Goodridge. (all the cool kids are doing it :lol: )

- Easton Havoc Stem (gone from 85mm 5deg rise to 50mm 0 rise). Looks way better on the bike. Unfortunately will take time for me to adjust. At first I hated the 85mm stem. Then after a few weeks of it I adapted. time to adapt back!

- oh, and I added mud to the bike. Sorry for the lack of clean in the pics.

So here it is. My AM beast... COMPLETE! (never thought I'd be content with a bike, and have no reason to upgrade anything)

BEFORE (with spaz stem, no reverb, and no mud)

post-10758-0-88505100-1329801874.jpg

AFTER (with more suitable stem, reverb, and mud)

post-10758-0-28250500-1329801964.jpg

(sorry, early moring bad lighting and cellphone camera)

post-10758-0-17214500-1329802175.jpg

and some shots of the controls and sexy stem

post-10758-0-20014700-1329802052.jpg

post-10758-0-55393600-1329802087.jpg

post-10758-0-27179800-1329802257.jpg

(note the remote for the reverb mounted upside down. I find this a lot more sensible than the regular way)

Edited by patches

That bike looks SOOOO much better with the shorter stem. Nice and aggro. Agree on the Reverb remote - run mine the same.

Almost looks like an XC bike with that long stem patch... :whistling: might even be good for riding normal, dirt roads...

Looks wicked though! Many happy (air)miles :clap:

Almost looks like an XC bike with that long stem patch... :whistling: might even be good for riding normal, dirt roads...

Looks wicked though! Many happy (air)miles :clap:

hahaha! XC stem indeed!... I'll admit that I took it on some "district roads" at groenkloof on saturday... but as soon as I felt myself wanting some lycra shorts... I quickly made way to Fountains and hit the gap jump a few times! whew!

Edited by patches

Nice bike, How you finding the carbon to hold up?

At first I was sceptical about the carbon I know it has a good tensile strength but impact wise, not so much. I also wasn't a fan of the flexible rear. I felt a little unstable when cornering. But the bike has grown on me, and I reaziled the rear flex isn't the carbon. It's a combination bewteen the pivot design ad the rear wheel. And it's not even that flexy... I'm just used to my 2 morewoods and their super chunky single pivot systom, running very stiff wide rims. But yeah, I don't really notice it now.

The carbon is intended to reduce the weight, which it does. I don't know what my bike weighs now as I have changed quite a few parts, but ou of the box it was just over 13kg. Not bad for 160mm travel. And bewteen the reduced weight, dropper seatpost, having a granny gear (which none of my other bikes have), and a smart suspension design... the bike is pretty cabable on up hills too.

Read this for some inside info on carbon durability

http://www.bikeradar...d-wheels--33221

i.want.those.

Mike (from Mike's Bikes) has one of the hottest AM rigs I have ever laid eyes on. (Green Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon, full XTR, Kashima Fox front and back. reverb... and to top it off, some Enve carbon bars, and Enve carbon rims. Not sure which rims... don't think they're the DH ones... but pretty darn fancy!

Edited by patches

Sick ride patches , was drooling over your Dale,then was having a browse of sum CAM's ,came across this poor bugga :wacko:

http://ls1.pinkbike.org/sprt/f2/s/28.gif Uberlândia, Brazil

705 views | 0 comments | 0faves

Date: 2010-06-21

Trail: Little jump, 1,5m

Riders: Gabriel Maia

Description: With a jump of only 1.5 m Cannondale Moto Carbon broke. I am very disappointed with the Cannondale does not want to accept my assurance due, because they say the store where I bought it was not an authorized delear. Still do not believe that a great brand like Cannondale does not care about their customers. I'm very sad about this situation

post-20718-0-34298500-1329830046.jpg

post-20718-0-39364200-1329830065.jpg